Q. Why my 2. 5 year old child is complaining of stomach ache?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 25, 2019

My son is 2.5 years old. For a week he is complaining of stomach pain. As of now he is totally fine, but he is not ready to eat anything. Also, when we give him buffalo milk he takes it, but many a times he vomits. Whereas if we give him NAN 4 he is fine. Very fresh and active but sweats a lot due to low diet. Any advice on diet or any health medicines would be helpful.

#

• Your son could be suffering from gastritis or worm infestation as a cause of pain in stomach.
  • I would suggest you to give him tablet Junior Lanzol (Lansoprazole) 15 mg twice a day for five days to suppress gastric acid.
  • Give plenty of curd. Give the child small but frequent meals. Give a fiber rich diet. I do not think there is much to worry about. He should soon be fine.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

We really appreciate your response. As of now, he does not complain of stomach pain and we gave him medication for worm infection and since then he is fine. But mainly he is not ready to take food and secondly he is not able to digest buffalo or cow milk, he vomits if we give him this milk. Whereas powdered milk he is consuming finely. We even tried different milk vendors too just to make sure. Any other suggestions apart from buffalo or cow milk? Thank you.

#

• Powdered milk contains fat-free milk.
  • Children usually do not like the fat component of buffalo or cow milk that is they do not like the taste of the milk.
  • So, you can add some flavoring agents like Complan or Horlicks in buffalo milk so it gets tastier for him.
  • Secondly, you can reward your child after drinking milk with chocolates so that gradually he develops liking for buffalo milk. Hope this helps.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|