Q. What exercises will lead to normal delivery in a person with small cervical length?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
Published on Jan 15, 2019

I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

Cervical length needs to be checked again at 24 weeks for further advice. In general, twin pregnancy has a tendency for preterm labor. Your focus right now should be on preventing preterm labor rather than normal delivery. For normal delivery to happen, you do not need to do special exercises (though pelvic floor exercise is supposed to increase the chance of normal delivery). You can start exercises after 32 to 34 weeks when babies will be safe in the outside world. Till then, it is better to avoid strenuous exercise. You can continue routine household work (or maybe morning or evening walk after consulting your doctor).

What does my double marker blood test indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 12 weeks 5 days pregnant. I got my NT scan and double marker blood test results. NT value 1.1 mm, free b-hCG 1.52 MOM, PAPP-A 0.37 MOM, trisomy 21+NT risk 1:1132, trisomy 21 1:169, trisomy 13/18+NT. In urine culture, there is no significant growth observed after 48 hours. I am curre...  Read Full >>

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the report completely (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your report is normal and there is no need to worry. If you want a detailed explanation about the report, then here you go. There are some genetic syndromes, which are happening worl...  Read Full

Why does my wife have severe back pain after normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife delivered a baby boy last month, which was a normal delivery. Whenever she moves, the muscles on the upper right ribs below the breast gets pulled. Also, she has a severe lower back ache, which is unbearable. Can you please suggest some medicines for it? For now, we are puttin...  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The back pain post-delivery is mainly related to lack of calcium, inadequate rest, and poor hydration. Please see to it that you take calcium supplements and calcium-rich food. Take plenty of fluids. The back pain and catch in the ribs could also be related to faulty br...  Read Full

I am pregnant with di-di twins and have bulge in uterus. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor, An ultrasound at 14 weeks gestation revealed that I am expecting di-di twins. Heart beats were 150 and 145. For the past two weeks I have only felt flutters on the left side of my uterus. I also mostly feel a bulge on the left side of my uterus. Is that normal or is there something wr...  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Twin pregnancy is itself more tiring physically as compared to a singleton pregnancy. It is your early second trimester. Have a check on cramps, any vaginal discharge or pain from back to move on to the front, at lower back. If these cramps severe with or without any di...  Read Full