Q. What exercises will lead to normal delivery in a person with small cervical length?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.

#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

Cervical length needs to be checked again at 24 weeks for further advice. In general, twin pregnancy has a tendency for preterm labor. Your focus right now should be on preventing preterm labor rather than normal delivery. For normal delivery to happen, you do not need to do special exercises (though pelvic floor exercise is supposed to increase the chance of normal delivery). You can start exercises after 32 to 34 weeks when babies will be safe in the outside world. Till then, it is better to avoid strenuous exercise. You can continue routine household work (or maybe morning or evening walk after consulting your doctor).

|