Q. Why is the pulmonary embolism patient having burning sensation in legs?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 17, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am having a burning sensation in my leg. I am wondering if that is a blood clot and if I should go to the emergency room. I had a massive pulmonary embolism and have been coded for 45 minutes. I am on a blood thinner called Eliquis. I am very freaked out right now as I have not had this burning sensation in years.

#

DVT (deep venous thrombosis) that is a blood clot in the legs does not cause burning sensation but causes swelling of the affected leg and you are already on blood thinners.

I hope you INR (international normalized ratio) is within therapeutic range unless you are taking new oral anticoagulants.

I think you should do blood sugar and preferably HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) and relax as it cannot be DVT.

For more information consult a cardiothoracic surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiothoracic-surgeon

I called my critical care doctor and he wanted to do an ultrasound to confirm since I am leaving for a long trip in eight hours.

#

Well, I can assure you it will not be DVT (deep venous thrombosis).

Kindly confirm me once you do a doppler/compression USG (ultrasonogram) of the leg.

|