Burning Sensation

What can I do for my itching and burning sensation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have itching and burning sensation in my upper body, eyes and feet. After taking a hot water bath, my upper chest becomes red and goes away in a minute. But, the burning sensation does not go away even though there are no rashes. I had cold and throat infection a week before. I took All...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to know something in more detail about your history. Do you have any history of recurrent cold attacks? Is there similar itching phenomenon in the past? Are there any family members with a history of allergic phenomenon? Is there any history of allergic rhinitis ...  Read Full »

Are inflammation and burning sensation in the foot and hands due to vitamin D3 deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor,I have Vitamin D3 deficiency (11 units). I am consuming tablet D as prescribed by a doctor. It has been two months since I am taking my tablets, but there are inflammation and a burning sensation on my foot and hands. I am 18 years old. My weight is 43 kg, and my height is 5'3". How do ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishav Bansal

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Burning sensation in foot and hand suggest neuropathy. It can be due to various causes or can be idiopathic. We need to rule out any organic cause. You can start some medications for now. Share pictures showing inflammation, as you have mentioned.  Read Full »

Can COVID-19 cause only a burning sensation in the throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in my throat for the last seven days, and there are no other symptoms. Can I be affected by COVID-19?  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam

General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. As your area is facing more cases of COVID-19, it is good that you are seeking medical advice for your symptoms. First of all, I would like to say do not panic. The burning sensation in the throat can be due to some irritation that has ...  Read Full »

What causes crawling and burning sensation on the hands and feet of a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 70 years old. She has type II diabetes for 17 years. She takes Glycomet 500 mg twice a day and no insulin. Her glucose levels are always within normal levels. Her HbA1c is 6. In all these 17 years, her HbA1c never crossed 6.5 but oscillated between 5.4 to 6.4. Of late, fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhaya Kant Tewari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The facts are that she has diabetes for 16 years and is well controlled. She has long-standing cervical spondylitis. There are pain and burning sensation in the left forehand only. Diabetic Nephropathy causes various types of neuropathy, most commonly distal motor ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of burning sensation in my hands due to reaction from a bathroom unblocker?

Query: Hello doctor, After using a bathroom unblocker, I seem to be getting a reaction on anything I touch in the bathroom. My hand feels like burning, and if I touch my face, it feels the same. I keep wearing gloves to prevent this. The unblocker was used a week ago, and I feel that particles somehow spr...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, unblocker does not lead to such symptoms, and as you mentioned, you used it a week ago but still feel the sensation. If the blocker was too strong or maybe expired, then it can cause some symptoms. If not, the symptoms you are experiencing can be due to some...  Read Full »

How to treat burning tongue with red bumps?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a burning tongue for a while and some patches on my tongue. At the moment, my GP put me on medication for acid reflux, and that seems to help with the burning tongue. However, I still have some small red bumps on the side of my tongue, and they have not got away. The burning ton...  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your pain and shall surely try to help the best way out. First of all, I think your GP has got the right point. It was due to acid reflux that is why the medicine is helping you out both ways. Acid reflux is one important cause of the burning tongue as ...  Read Full »

Why do I get numbness and burning sensation in feet, legs, and palms?

Query: Hello doctor,I have back pain due to bad posture for almost a month now. Sometimes I wake up with numbness in my feet, which clears up after I change my posture. I also noticed a burning sensation in my feet, legs, and palms for the past one month, which started as my feet being freezing, then I not...  Read Full »

Dr. Gursimran

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to know regarding your symptoms. These days, maximum people will have a bad sitting posture because of the work culture and watching television or laptops or phones. It is very rare to have diabetes or any no problems at your age, since the numbness goes away ...  Read Full »

Why do I have burning sensation in my face, arms and back of the neck?

Query: I’m a 23 Y/O FEMALE Weight 260lbs Height 5’5 Current Medications: Paxil 80Mg once daily for anxiety and panic disorder and OCD and PTSD/omeprazole slow release tab once daily / B complex vitamin once daily/ vitamin d once daily Starting at about 14 I would wake up with burning sensatio...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello Dear sorry about your health condition. But don't worry dear I'm with you to answer any questions from your side. Please answer for few questions. Dear did you suffering from any hypothyroidism?? Any family history or depression or major illness. Possible causes are like 1. sero negetiv...  Read Full »

Why do I have a burning sensation in my groin area?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in the skin in my groin area, which is making me very hard to walk. I have had it on and off for the past 11 months. I am not sure if it is a skin chafing or jock itch or bacterial infection or something more serious. I tried jock itch cream, but it did not he...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to cliniq.com. Please answer a few questions: 1. Do you have any itching? 2. Do you have any history of hypertension or diabetes mellitus, or any other systemic disease? 3. Was there any fluid-filled vesicle eruptions? 4. Is it progressing or being persistent? I am looking forw...  Read Full »

What could cause ascites along with chest pain??

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is 33 years old, who is 5.5 feet tall and whose weight is 60 kg. She had been admitted for stomach pain. She has ascites in the stomach, and it was removed, and more ascites are still there in the stomach. She has chest pain, and the full left part of the body is painful. The...  Read Full »

Dr. Arbab Muhammad Kashif Khan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your main problem is ascites, which are leading towards gastro-esophageal reflux. But the cause of ascites here could not be known. The most typical cause of ascites is cirrhosis (due to alcohol, hepatitis B, and C), but the liver is normal on ultrasound. There are also...  Read Full »