Common "Burning Sensation" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Burning Sensation

A burning sensation is a sharp, prickly pain, which may occur in any body part. The cause depends on the location. In the arms and legs, the causes include Peripheral neuropathy, Raynaud's syndrome, whereas, in muscles, it can be due to Fibromyalgia, myofacial pain syndrome, and herniated disc. Strep throat, Acid reflux, Canker sores, periodontal disease, and acidic foods are responsible for it in the mouth, and yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis result in burning sensation in the genitals.