Burning Sensation

What could be the reason for white and dry tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 62 years old. I am on Sertraline and Levothyroxine. My concern is about my tongue, when I get up in the morning it is white and dry. I will wake up at night because of my tongue dryness. I do not have this issue during the day. I believe this is referred as fuzzy tongue. It has ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The issue of dry mouth is due to the medication Sertraline (antidepressant medication used in depession, panic attack, post-traumatic stress disorder, improves sleep and anxiety) has a side-effect of dry mouth too. When we wake up in the morning, every one of us ...  Read Full »

I have burning sensation after using Fucicort cream. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have used Fucicort cream on my face for two days. Then I got a red burning sensation. Now 6 weeks later, the places where I put the cream on are shiny and wrinkly and skin texture is different. Is this going to go away?  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hope you are having a good day and staying safe. 1) From your brief history I understand that you got a reaction to the topical you were using. But it is not mentioned for what indication you used Fucicort. Since it is a steroidal cream, it can cause a skin reac...  Read Full »

How to treat redness of skin due to usage of cosmetic products?

Query: Hello doctor, I tried a new skincare range called Gopure and American Company. Half an hour later, I developed redness, burning, itching, and swelling. I have discontinued the use and used ice and cold water to relieve symptoms. After four days, my skin is less painful. The company suggests wateri...  Read Full »

Dr. Bincy Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that the new skin range that you tried is not suiting your skin. It is important to know what all products you were using and the ingredients in these preparations. If it was a concentrate which had to be diluted and used then the redness and burning would be b...  Read Full »

What could cause burning chest pain with acid reflux, breathing difficulty and hot flushes?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having chest pain on the left side since a long time. It feels like burning sometimes and at other times it feels like pressure. I feel really tired most of the time and sometimes I feel a little light-headed, nauseous, irritated, and feel like coughing but I cannot. I als...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Sonologist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. With history, I come to a diagnosis that you have an acid peptic disease (APD). It is a common problem, people face frequently. I would suggest you to take less spicy and peppery food and avoid oily and masala foods. Kindly take plenty of water, vegetables, and green l...  Read Full »

I have burning sensation in lower abdomen with nausea. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a burning sensation in the left side lower abdomen (a bit underneath the navel) and nausea for 2 weeks.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well to be very honest I am not convinced with the diagnosis of IBS. IBS does cause a significant pain which is obvious in nature and show characteristic spasm like pain, not the burning you you described. Pain of IBS however, do occur over lower part of the abdomen....  Read Full »

What could be the reason for burning sensation in legs with sweating all over the body?

Query: Hello doctor, While sleeping at night I having burning sensation on legs and sweating all over the body and having numbness all over the shoulder and head ache. It lasts for 5 to 10 minutes. I have a feeling of pain while passing urine. I am 48 years old and I have removed my uterus eight year...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through the description you mentioned. There are multiple issues I will tackle one at a time. I would like to know if your ovaries were preserved when you underwent hysterectomy eight years back, and if yes, probably the symptoms of sweating all over for...  Read Full »

Are inflammation and burning sensation in the foot and hands due to vitamin D3 deficiency?

Query: Vitamin d3 deficiency (11 units).....consuming tablet D well aq as prescribed by doctor....its been 2 months since I am consuming my tablets....but there is inflammation and burning sensation on my foot and hands...I am 18 years old....weight 43 kg....height 5'3"....How do i get rid of the inflammat...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishav Bansal

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Burning sensation in foot and hand suggest neuropathy. It can be due to various causes or can be idiopathic. We need to rule out any organic cause. You can start some medications for now. Share pictures showing inflammation as you have mentioned.  Read Full »

I get a sharp lower abdominal pain and burning feel in hands and vagina during pregnancy. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am four months pregnant. My hand and leg palms feel like burning and become very hot, and I have the same feeling in my vagina too. I also get an occasional sharp pain in my lower abdomen for a few seconds. Is this normal in pregnancy? Kindly suggest. I have attached my reports and...  Read Full »

Dr. Lorena Zijaj

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your examination. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They are all normal. The symptoms that you prescribe above are common during pregnancy. Burning sensation in palms and hand is called Carpal Syndrome, it happens in pregnancy due to swelling ...  Read Full »

Why do I get recurrent pressure and burning sensation in food pipe inspite of taking medications?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35-year-old male. I feel pressure and a sort of burning sensation in my food pipe. My very first symptom occurred in the form of trapped burp in the chest last month. I had a bit of bulgum alongside which I keep throwing out. I took Pan 40 for two weeks and stopped thereafter ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kapil Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms sound more of a problem known as gastroesophageal reflux disorder which is due to reflux of contents into your esophagus from your stomach. Have short frequent meals. Do not overload yourself. Have a walk after meals and do not directly lie down. Cut d...  Read Full »

Can COVID-19 cause only a burning sensation in the throat?

Query: I have burning sensation in my throat for last 7 days still no other symptoms..may i effected from covid 19  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam

General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician

Answer: Hello, I can understand your concern. As your area is facing more cases of covid19, it is good that you are seeking medical advice for your symptoms. First of all, I would like to say do not panic. The burning sensation in the throat can be due to some irritation that has caused due to especially c...  Read Full »