Burning Sensation

Why do I have a burning sensation in my groin area?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in the skin in my groin area, which is making me very hard to walk. I have had it on and off for the past 11 months. I am not sure if it is a skin chafing or jock itch or bacterial infection or something more serious. I tried jock itch cream, but it did not he...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to cliniq.com. Please answer a few questions: 1. Do you have any itching? 2. Do you have any history of hypertension or diabetes mellitus, or any other systemic disease? 3. Was there any fluid-filled vesicle eruptions? 4. Is it progressing or being persistent? I am looking forw...  Read Full »

What could cause ascites along with chest pain??

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is 33 years old, who is 5.5 feet tall and whose weight is 60 kg. She had been admitted for stomach pain. She has ascites in the stomach, and it was removed, and more ascites are still there in the stomach. She has chest pain, and the full left part of the body is painful. The...  Read Full »

Dr. Arbab Muhammad Kashif Khan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your main problem is ascites, which are leading towards gastro-esophageal reflux. But the cause of ascites here could not be known. The most typical cause of ascites is cirrhosis (due to alcohol, hepatitis B, and C), but the liver is normal on ultrasound. There are also...  Read Full »

Why do I have to exert a lot of pressure while passing motion?

Query: Good morning, Difficult to pass motions. Today while passing motion a bit of blood came.Also had to exert a lot of pressure for passing the motions.A bit of burning sensation is also there  Read Full »

Dr. Sosela Rrusho

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Greetings, I will be assisting you today. As you described to me seems you are having constipation and need a lot of pressure since the stools are very dry and is difficult to pass. > The first think you need to do in this case is regarding your diet and physical activities. 1. Please eat heal...  Read Full »

Why was my face swollen on both sides of the cheekbones today morning?

Query: Hi doctor, This morning I noticed that my face was swollen on both sides of the cheekbones. Mildly a Zirtek and a 16 mg Medrol in the afternoon. It has not entirely receded. I feel numbness and burning sensation. The color of the skin has not changed. Yesterday I took Algofren 400.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is this the first time you have used Algofren (Ibuprofen)? Do you have any allergic reactions to other types of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications like Aspirin? Do you have any fever or changes in vision? Do you have any pain in the mouth, or oral ulcers...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain on the right side of my rib cage with a burning sensation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having pain on the right side of the rib cage just 6 to 7 cm away from the armpit. It is like tightening pain or stabbing pain and sometimes burning sensation. It seems to be related to acid reflux and what I do is drink 2 to 3 glass of warm water by rubbing fingers on the backside ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. Yes, it can be due to acidity or gastroesophageal reflux, which occurs due to the stomach's overproduction of acid. The other reason could be respiratory tract infection. And it is sometimes associated with the live...  Read Full »

How to manage a burning sensation on the cheeks due to food allergy?

Query: Hi doctor,A year ago I got skin allergy with food. I had no idea what had I eaten. My face was full of rashes, swollen and with burning sensation. I went to emergency room they gave me antibiotic for one week which I had to complete the course, but I felt as half healed because rashes, swelling in m...  Read Full »

Dr. Abdel Hakam Soliman

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me a close and focused photos of the affected areas, until that, you better do not scratch or squeeze it, do not leave any soap residue, avoid sun exposure. You can use any emollient many times daily and Desloratadine tablet twice daily orally.  Read Full »

Why do I get itching and burning sensation in hands with muscle pain after risky sexual exposure?

Query: Hello doctor, Before three months, I had unprotected sex with a sex worker in her monthly (menstrual) period. After sex, I noticed bleeding from my cut penis. After one week, pain subsided. And after a month, I had sex, and again noticed bleeding from penis wound. I again had protected sex with se...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The recommendations are to get the fourth generation HIV rapid test at the third or fourth week of the exposure. If the result is negative, get a confirmatory HIV rapid antibody test at 90 days (three months) of last exposure. Your negative HIV test result at three mont...  Read Full »

Why are there little black dots seen on the tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have little black dots on my tongue. They have been there my entire life, and I am still not sure why I have them.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Kindly mention, Do you have any burning sensation felt upon eating spicy or normal food? Do you have any history of smoking? Keratinization of fungiform papilla noted (attachment rem...  Read Full »

Why causes discomfort after having pulses and spicy foods?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband cannot eat spicy vegetables or pulses, and he feels very uncomfortable after eating.  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The history provided looks like you have an acid peptic disease, which is nothing but a sore in the stomach. However, I need more information and clarity on the below questions related to the symptoms. Since when are you experiencing this? Is it only with food, or do...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for recurrent burning sensation in my left nasal cavity?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a burning sensation in my left nasal cavity only when inhaling for the past six months. Then my throat started feeling sore on the left side, and I noticed my tensor veli palatini muscle spasms every time I breathe. I was having pain near my tonsil. And my temperature was rangi...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details of your symptom. Was it a burning sensation or sore feeling or electric current sensation in the left nasal cavity? Was this feeling inside the nasal cavity only or also outside? Does that feeling occur only while inhaling or touchi...  Read Full »