Burning Sensation

What could be the reason for itching, burning sensation and rashes in groin area?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36-year-old male. I am having an issue in my groin area. My symptoms are itching, rashes, and burning sensation on inner thighs. I used Itch guard. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Siva Subramanian

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. I have read your query. In my opinion, you are suffering from Tinea cruris, which is a fungal infection of the skin. I advise you to keep the area dry because moisture can aggravate the fungal infection. You can apply Luliconazole cream twice daily on the lesion, and ...  Read Full »

Why does the inner lining of cheek burn with cuts?

Query: Hello doctor, What makes the cheeks inside the mouth look like tear. There is no bleeding and ulcer. There is some burning during the day and it quits overnight.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Menon

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your information, it is not a case to worry about. In cases that need attention, the cheeks become reddened painful rigid or ulcerated. Your case seems to have arisen due to cheek bite. Make sure you grind off the sharp edges of the teeth which are in contact ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for burning senation in the waist?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a burning sensation in my waist. I want to know the cause and the treatment for it.  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Burning sensation in and around the waist or torso can indicate a lot of things. It can indicate an allergic reaction, but that seems less likely in your case. Mostly it can point to nerve weakness, which occurs due to vitamin deficiency. I will advise you to get you...  Read Full »

Why is there burning sensation in the tongue of a HIV patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know what happens biologically in the body, causing a burning sensation in the tongue when a person has HIV.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek H Nanda

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you very well knew, HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) virus lives in a body for a very long time. It causes significant damage to the central and peripheral nervous systems. The virus affects our nervous system and causes dysfunction of nerves and muscle cells. ...  Read Full »

I am feeling burning in my whole body, especially in ribs and sometimes shoulders. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling burning in my whole body, especially in ribs and sometimes shoulders. Why?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. The burning pain is usually due to nerve irritation by neuropathy. The cause for peripheral neuropathy could be due to diabetes, cervical spinal problem, etc. You need to investigate with random blood sugar estimation an X-ray of the cervical spine. I suggest you...  Read Full »

I have itchy skin with hives after intercourse. Could this be a sign of semen allergy?

Query: Hello doctor, After sex, I always find myself having strong, clear watery discharge for about four to seven days. Today I found myself having an itchy skin with hives. Could this be a sign of semen allergy? I also experience a burning sensation on the outside of genitals which makes it difficult fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Yes, you may have sperm allergy, that can be easily found by using a condom. Next time use a condom during sex and check whether you have discharge after that. Other cause can be due to 1. Gonorrhea and chlamydia are two of the most comm...  Read Full »

My friend has burning, itching and fluid discharge from nipple area. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am posting this on behalf of my friend. She is 24 years female. She is having severe burning and itching around her nipple area. Sometimes fluid also discharges from the affected area. The problem persists for the past four months, and she has also tried anti-bacterial powders, but th...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your query. What your friend seems to suffer from is a bacterial infection. Burning and itching are not alarming, but discharge from nipple is not a good sign. It could denote a severe underlying problem. The antibacterial powder will not help in her cas...  Read Full »

Why do I have a burning feeling on top of the head?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male. Today I have experienced a burning sensation on the top left side of my head. It only lasts for a few seconds but it has happened a few times hours apart. What is this? I have just got over cold symptoms.  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your question and would like to tell you that the burning sensation at the side of your head could be because of a number of reasons like vitamin deficiency (mostly B12), diabetes, thyroid problems, etc. It can also happen as a result of side effe...  Read Full »

Pain in both the legs with more pain in the right leg from thigh to the knee. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, The problem is with my second elder sister who is unmarried and aged 62 years. She was a school teacher and has retired from service. She is 160 cms in height and weighs 60 kg. She falls under the category lean to good health except for a bulging tummy. Main problems are, 1. Pain in bo...  Read Full »

Dr. Niranjanan M Raghavn

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Went through your queries and the files attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This clinical scenario is possible in two cases. 1) Compression of the spinal cord at the cervical level or lumbar level or both. 2) Peripheral neuropathy is affectin...  Read Full »

I have a burning sensation on the feet for three days and under Clonazepam. Why does this occur?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a burning sensation on the feet for three days. I am currently under Clonazepam.  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Causes of burning feet include peripheral neuropathy and plantar fasciitis. I suggest you use footwear even at home and take over-the-counter pain medications to alleviate pain. You may also use Diclofenac gel for local application. If the symptoms do not subside ove...  Read Full »