Castor Oil

I am very light complected with dark red acne scars. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,I am very light complected with dark red acne scars that I have had for a few years. I have some acne on my cheeks, but the acne scars are more noticeable. I have combination skin I believe because my forehead tends to be super dry to where it peels, and my nose gets oily. After any cle...  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is essential to avoid oily preparations on the face for acne with combination skin. It tends to develop seborrheic dermatitis. I would not advise any oil for dryness here. It is also advisable to avoid harsh soaps and cleansers. As they remove oil, they can also l...  Read Full »

My baby is 3.5 months old. Is it safe to give urai marundhu?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 3.5 months old. In my house, they are saying to give urai marundhu is it safe to give? As my daughter is licking her fingers, my mom wants to keep castor oil or neem oil, is it safe to keep it on her finger?  Read Full »

Dr. Eagambaram Jaganathan

Siddha Medicine Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Urai mathirai or marunthu is safe but advisable only after six months. In case of emergency, you can give within six months. Kids will not lick their fingers as they tend to suck only. Either the kid needs milk, or it may feel insecure in the prolonged absence of mot...  Read Full »

Please suggest ayurvedic treatment for a cyst in the testis.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a cyst in one of my testes, and the nervers in my testicles are swollen. I came to know this through ultrasound. I heard Kalarachi powder mixed with pepper and castor oil can be applied on my testicles to cure the above said problems. Please guide me on how to proceed with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Kalarachi powder is a Siddha medicine, and it is used to treat hydrocele in males. A hydrocele is a problem where water is present in testes. As far as the cyst is concerned, you can give it a try because it does not always have 100 % results. ...  Read Full »

Should I try steroid medicines for my rheumatoid arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis two years back. I am on Ayurveda treatment and have taken Panchakarma treatment as well. There is a slight improvement, but still, my swelling on the left knee is not coming down, and recently a pain in the left wrist has begun. My ESR and CC...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclniq.com. I just read your query and saw all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In RA (rheumatoid arthritis), allopathic medicines like painkillers and corticosteroids are prescribed which will give you temporary relief, but in the long term, these med...  Read Full »