Q. Can I travel through flight after nose cauterization?

Dr. Anay Kumar Gupta

I just had my nose cauterized for the second time a week back and have a flight booked in two days. I am worried that it is too soon to fly as flying triggered my nose bleeds. I can change my flight to stay longer so it can heal further. Not sure. Just do not want it to start bleeding again and start the whole process over again. I am guessing that you can only be cauterized so many times.

#

Nose bleed is a very common problem. It is treated with cautery which may need repeating a few times. Since you had it only a few days ago, it might be better to avoid flying for 3 to 4 weeks, if possible. Carry on using the ointment for one month and then have yourself reviewed by your doctor. This is the standard practice everywhere.

Nose bleed.

Ointment in the nose for one month.

Avoid nose blowing and picking. Keep blood pressure under control. Avoid blood thinners.

|