Q. Bumps around vagina. It bleeds when I have sex.

Dr. Meha Malhotra
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 11, 2018

I have these bumps around my vagina. They look like skin tags. They do not itch, but when I have sex, they start bleeding. I hurt them while shaving, and they started bleeding. What could I have? Or could it be some sort of STD?

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

With the symptoms you have provided, it is not an STD (sexually transmitted disease). But if you have any doubt, I advise you to take an ELISA test.

Most probably, you do not have skin tags, but a collection of vasculatures, as they bleed on any injury. You can get it removed by laser or cauterization. And avoid injury to the area as much as possible.

| 

What are the chances of STD from my encounter, especially HIV?

Query: Hello doctor,I was recently in a sexual encounter with a sex worker. It was a condom-protected sex. The condom did not slip or break. But, I inserted my finger into the girl's vagina for two minutes. Is there any chance of catching an STD from the whole thing (the intercourse and the insertion of t...  Read Full »

Can condom slippage increase the risk of STD?

Query: Hello doctor, I had protected sex with someone whose status I do not know. I am kind of worried now. I did not ejaculate and the condom slipped half way during the session and pulled that back. Is that a matter of concern? Shall I go for any test?  Read Full »

Can soreness in throat and skin redness after sex be due to HIV infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 42 years old white male, I had protected intercourse vaginal and anal and unprotected oral sex, vaginal and anal exactly 17 days back. Eight days after I had an itch in my throat that practically made the corner of my mouth pucker for a day or two and lost my appetite. Around the...  Read Full »