Cbt

Kindly help with an explanation to ease my worries about acquiring cancer.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old male. I do not drink or smoke. Maybe I need to exercise more. However, this is a matter of the mind. A few days ago, I had a weird curiosity about the statistics of cancer. At first, I thought it was just a social search that can increase my knowledge, but I did not...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, what do you want to know about? Your present condition or about cancer? Please reply.   Read Full »

Are my symptoms due to the whiskey I drank four years back?

Query: Hi doctor, My mind is foggy and I am not able to think clearly. I am very forgetful and I sleep more during daytime. I cannot grasp things quickly and it takes a lot of time. My problem started 4 years ago when I drunk whiskey for the first time in my life. Since then my mind was foggy and slowed do...  Read Full »

Dr. Diwakar Sharma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I believe the use of the substance in your case has further worsened your anxiety. The symptoms you have described are suggestive of a heightened emotional state and commonly seen in association with anxiety. In order to get rid of this, you may have to see a therapist. ¬...  Read Full »

Why am I always obsessed with sexual thoughts and anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from OCD, specifically ROCD. I feel anxious all the time, and I have a thought of being with my partner always. Moreover, when I see a woman, I am attracted easily and thinking about her consequently. I feel the urge to tell my partner about it. In my past, I wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand that you are feeling challenged by these OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) symptoms. By nature, OCD tends to wax and wane in response to life's stressors. OCD can be managed by a combination of medication, CBT (cognitive behavior therapy), and lif...  Read Full »

I hear several voices and get paranoid thoughts. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am an 18 year old female. In the past year, I had been hearing several voices telling me to do certain things. Sometimes, I hear things that are not really present. Often, I feel like I am observing my own life as an outsider and this has been happening for two years. I also have trouble...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and completely understand that you have been facing a disturbed state of mind. The symptoms you have mentioned here are indication of a psychotic phenomenon called as hallucinations. It is a kind of phenomenon in which a person sees unusual things such as pers...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to control social anxiety.

Query: Hi doctor, My social anxiety is severe and disabling me. I would really like to gain adequate control of it. I have attached a brief history¬†of my psychiatric illnesses and previously tried pharmacotherapies. Is there anything else you would suggest?  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your issue. I have read the attached document carefully (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As I can make out, over a period of time, your other symptoms have resolved quite a bit, but the social anxiety, emotional instability and lack of flu...  Read Full »

Fluvoxin and Dicorate for psychiatric treatment is causing weight gain. Can it be replaced by counseling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42 year old female. I have a 12-year-old son. My husband is 44 years old and is a heart patient who has undergone a CABG 10 years back. My husband is such a nice support and love to me. My son is very smart and vibrant I try my best to be happy with them. But I fail desperately...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have clear depressive symptoms. It happens due to reduced levels of certain neurotransmitters such as serotonin which reduce the stress handling capacity of the brain. Medicines help to replace chemical deficiency and correct the imbalance. Counseling will on au...  Read Full »

How to overcome my emotional blocks?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been going through a tough time for long. I have been looking for a job for about two years and it is very difficult to find one. Although on my previous job, I had several problems with the management taking me for granted. People I trusted dearly broke my trust, hurt me badly...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I can imagine how hard it is for you right now. I can understand that changing the place could be a big step to take and not always possible. I would suggest you continue the therapy. ISTDP (intensive short term dynamic ps...  Read Full »

Faced domestic and sexual abuse. Now, PTSD is ruining my life. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, PTSD is controlling my life. I was raped six to seven times and faced domestic abuse for four months until I escaped. Each time sex has been hard for me. After the domestic abuse, it is so bad that I have to stop in some strokes and if not then I will throw up on them.Sometimes it happen...  Read Full »

Dr. Poosha Darbha

Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for sharing your concern with me. I can understand your situation and feelings. I can assure you that this is not going to be with you forever. You would benefit from counseling and therapeutic techniques such as cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) by a clinica...  Read Full »

Are my fears due to OCD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old woman. I am having OCD since I was 12 years old. I have a strong fear of an event that happened a couple of years ago when a psychiatrist told me that I have a borderline disorder and have no fantasy. I was trying to ask her for years to say me the opposite as a compul...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. My first question is whether you are currently on medication for OCD or not. If your obsessions are bothering you that much, first you need to start medications because the content of your obsessions is a second factor when it comes to treatment, first we need to foc...  Read Full »

Am I suffering from schizophrenia or OCD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for an appointment with you firstly for reassurance I suppose and then CBT rather than waiting for the NHS. I have had OCD since I was a teen (intrusive thoughts and having to touch wood, say prayers, etc.). This seemed to subside until I had my daughter but then flared u...  Read Full »

Dr. Punya Mulky

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you must be going through a tough time. First of all, please do not stress yourself so much with whether it is OCD or schizophrenia or what not. You are much more than a diagnosis. It is important you are at peace and have some relief from the distress. Comin...  Read Full »