Cefalexin

What can cause an open sore on the head?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has an open sore on his head. It is the size of a softball with redness under it and it is causing a shocking pain into his ear. It is swollen and has caused soreness in his neck and swollen adenoids. It looks like it has mucus or pus, which is trying to come out, but nothi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It just appears (attachment removed to protect patient identity) to be an infected sebaceous cyst that is infected now. I see you have tried to drain it. It should be seen by a physician ideally either in an urgent care or dermatologist or by a surgeon as soon as possi...  Read Full »

What Is The Best Course of Action For Infected Wisdom Tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lower wisdom tooth that has been infected chronically for well over a year. I also have an upper molar that is broken decayed and has been like this for years. The wisdom tooth oozes green pus if you apply pressure with a cotton swab. The decayed tooth is mildly painful. I saw my...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your complaint and the relevant details. Please do not panic relating this to death. The good thing is you do not have chills or swelling. Huge swellings that cover the entire face, jaw or neck are only dangerous. These are called space infection that keeps s...  Read Full »

I have pimple-like bumps in my pubic area. Could this be an STD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. Over the past two weeks, I have been having pimple like bumps in my pubic area. When I noticed the first one, I tried popping it, and it did not disappear, in fact, it got worse. Two more bumps appeared, less than a week after I tried popping the first one. Th...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvina Attavar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description and pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you seem to be having folliculitis. It is a bacterial infection of the hair follicle. I suggest taking a course of an antibiotic, Cephalexin 500 mg, twice daily for five days. You ...  Read Full »

Should I seek further treatment for my septic joint?

Query: Hi doctor, Before 10 days, I got a cut on my knee. Two days later, I swam in the contaminated water. Then, I realized that my knee was extremely red, inflamed, tender and spreading outward from the site of the cut (first image). I cleaned the wound with alcohol and did not seek treatment. The follow...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Although it is still not clear how the wound happened, did you brush against something while swimming or was it some insect bite? Secondly, as you mentioned fresh water, we n...  Read Full »