Cephalosporin.

Can you take Tylenol with Amoxicillin?

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I had my wisdom tooth extracted. I received a prescription for Tylenol 3 (equivalent to Acetaminophen 300 mg and Codeine 30 mg) for pain and Amoxicillin (500 mg) to prevent infection. I immediately took one Amoxicillin as I walked out of the dental office and for the rest of th...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi. Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. The allergic reaction can be due to Amoxicillin only, because Acetaminophen and Codeine will not cause any allergic reaction. I suggest you to stop Amoxicillin. You can use any of the Cephalosporin ins...  Read Full »

Can Septrin forte be taken for prostate infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have Morganella morganii infection in the prostate. For the past 15 years, I have been getting blood in semen. I had a short course of antibiotics in the past and I also had a semen microbiological test. Please recommend some antibiotics.  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For the infection in the prostate a four to six weeks course of treatment is highly recommended. I suggest Cephalosporins and Aminoglycosides are the best for initial therapy, but ideally it should be guided by culture sensitivity reports. Consult your specialist doctor,...  Read Full »

Why did I get typhoid for the 12th time?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an MBBS student. My mother aged 47 years is suffering of typhoid which is a case of relapse and this is the 12th time. She is having a temperature nearby 102-103 degree Fahrenheit. Three years before, she was given Ceftriaxone IV 2 g twice (BD) and after that she was given Ampicillin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, I would like to know how she was diagnosed with typhoid. Since you know that culture is the gold standard I would be interested in seeing a blood, stool, bone marrow or any sort of culture which was done to diagnose her with Salmonella typhi. If this is a cultu...  Read Full »

What causes high WBC count in a child?

Query: Hi doctor, My 4 year son is ill for past two weeks. Initially it was diagnosed as viral infection due to season change. He was given fever and cold medicine (Asthaline). Fever was mostly between 100-101 degree F.  He had occasional cough may be five times a day. He had the medicine for 5 days but t...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child has definitely got bacterial infection. From your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) the reasons are as follows. His initial CRP (C-reactive protein) was 17.3 which has came down to 10.3. CRP is an acute phase reactant which indic...  Read Full »

How can I treat the Epstein-Barr virus infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a history of anxiety and panic issues. I was trying to find out the root cause of it and I have found that I have IgG antibodies against Epstein-Barr Virus and a Streptococcal infection (Anti-DNase B Test) in my throat. I also seem to have OCD issues and always remember having...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Purohit

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Microbiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I understand you are having antibody against EBV (Epstein–Barr virus) and Streptococcal infection but you have never suffered from EBV disease. You only had some episode of Streptococcal throat infection in the past. So first I wish to explain you that ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to give Meftal-P and Ambrocof-LS to my infant to cure fever and cough?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is just 32 days old. He is having some cough and cold symptoms. I had a visit to the local physician and was advised to give him Meftal-P, Cefpodoxime Proxetil suspension IP and Ambrocof-LS drops. Please suggest if these medicines are safe?  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Modi

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Meftal-P is Mefenamic Acid used as an antipyretic to bring down the fever. While Cefpodoxime is a third generation Cephalosporin antibiotic given for lower respiratory tract infection of bacterial origin. Ambroxol-LS is a cough suppressant preparation used for wet ...  Read Full »

Which antibiotic will be effective for typhoid fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old male patient. I have been suffering from typhoid for the past one month. After getting my pathology report, the doctor advised me to take one week medication of tablet Cefuroxime 500 mg twice a day. Before this, I had Azithromycin 500 mg. Is the advice given by doctor ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Kindly tell me some more details about your illness. You were saying that you have suffered from this illness since 1 month. What does it mean? Do you have fever continuously fo...  Read Full »