Cerebral Atrophy

Why do I get pain in the head with concentration difficulty and memory loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some symptoms like pain in my head bones, swollen sensation in my brain, pain on the left upper side of the head, temporary memory loss, difficulty concentrating, and chronic fatigue. Please review my MRI report.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The findings of the MRI brain scan are not of serious concern (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a mild cerebral atrophy changes and slightly prominent lateral ventricles. A curvilinear T1 flair hyperintensity in the left frontal convexity i...  Read Full »

Is my giddiness connected to CT diagnosis of mild cerebral atrophy?

Query: Hello doctor, CT scan report of the brain shows that I have cerebral atrophy. What does it mean, and what should I do? I need proper guidance and suggestion. I have giddiness, and the doctor informed me that I have a vertigo problem. I am feeling good. But regarding the CT scan reports, I need cl...  Read Full »

Dr. Gursimran

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to know regarding the symptoms. Mild Cerebral atrophy means that your brain size and volume is a little less as compared to others. Now it is a very subjective thing, and you need not worry about it. This is not related to your vertigo episode. Commenting upo...  Read Full »

Why am I unable to walk steadily?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 76 years old. For the past two years, I am unable to walk steadily. I do not have vertigo. While sitting down, I do not have any problem. Within seconds after standing up, I feel my legs become heavy and difficult to walk. If I try to veer sideways abruptly, I feel like I am going t...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and explain that your symptoms could be related to brain atrophy or small vessel disease of the brain. I do not think that you have Parkinson's disease like your brother, so I do not think Syndopa (Levodopa and Carbidopa) will help you. Anyw...  Read Full »

What is diffuse cerebral atrophy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 42 years old and suffering from headache in the left side for 30 months and have pain in the left shoulder, left arm, left leg, and left nerves, the spine, and burning foot. My bodyweight is 58 kg and height 5'5". I decided to go for a brain MRI two months back and the results show ...  Read Full »

Dr. Gerry Mike Palisoc

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. The MRI you had is normal without any problems detected (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The cerebral atrophy means that your brain is smaller than usual. Causes include age-related changes or alcoholism. Perhaps no other mo...  Read Full »

Will Olanzapine help in delusion and behavioral change in elderly?

Query: Hello doctor, This is about a 71-year-old male. Psychiatrist said that a plain CT scan and another CT scan should be taken with contrast, but after four attempts they could not create channel in his veins, so contrast CT scan of the brain was not done. Plain CT scan of the brain showed: Cortical ...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have described, of paranoid ideation, suspiciousness, restlessness, decreased sleep are all indicative of a psychotic type of illness, most probably schizophrenia. It will require treatment from a psychiatrist with antipsychotic medicines. Olanzapin...  Read Full »

Will mild cerebral atrophy lead to dementia?

Query: Hello doctor, Diffusion-weighted images, ADC maps, and postcontrast sequences were also performed. Findings: There is mild cerebral volume loss and ex vacuo dilatation of ventricular system. There are scattered punctate foci of increased signal intensity within the periventricular and deep subcor...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI shows mild cerebral atrophy with some small vessel disease changes. I would like to know about your memory, speech, gait and urinary symptoms. Are there any abnormalities? These changes are much common at the age of 70 but still, you have to take some precau...  Read Full »