Q. I get pain in my head bones with concentration difficulty and memory loss. Please interpret my MRI report.

Dr. Vivek Chail

I have some symptoms like pain in my head bones, swollen sensation in my brain, pain on the left upper side of the head, temporary memory loss, difficulty concentrating, and chronic fatigue. Please review my MRI report.

#

The findings of the MRI brain scan are not of serious concern (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

There is a mild cerebral atrophy changes and slightly prominent lateral ventricles.

A curvilinear T1 flair hyperintensity in the left frontal convexity is likely dural vessels and not significant.

The MRI brain angiography is showing a hypoplastic A1 segment of the right anterior cerebral artery and a likely hypoplastic left posterior communicating artery.

Could you see some glioses that I had too? On the other side, what does the attached dot in the pictures mean? Does any of your described issues have or could have to do with multiple sclerosis? Do I have a cranial hyperostosis? Are my described symptoms somehow related to your conclusions?

#

The area in the picture you have shared (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is the finding mentioned as a curvilinear T1 flair hyperintensity in the previous reply. It is a curvilinear structure and showing a small rounded loop in the attached image. This looks to me like a vessel. It might help to do a contrast scan or a CT brain scan to know how it appears on other images and to confirm it is a vessel.

There are no findings of multiple sclerosis in the images. There are a few small T2 flair white matter hyperintense foci and are small vessel ischemic changes. These may be visualized in many people of your age.

These can cause a mild headache, loss of concentration and temporary memory related problems but are not serious concerns. There are no features of cranial hyperostosis.

|