Q. My dull aching chest pain is shooting while doing physical work. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 01, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2019

I have always had chest pains and pains specifically in my left arm or chest, but right now, I feel like it is difficult to breathe and I have upper left arm pain to my left breast. It is mainly a pressure a dull ache, but now it is shooting. It is more difficult to breath when I lay down. When I run or exert myself physically or when I am distraught or crying, I have shooting pain down my left arm.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

Your chest pains seem to be muscular. Another possibility is of acid reflux that can also cause such kind of illnesses. We should also rule out any cardiac issues in case of chest pains.

So, you should get a chest X-ray and ECG done. If the ECG and chest X-ray are normal, the pain is probably muscular or due to acid reflux. For muscular pain, I advise doing hot fomentation over the affected area three to four times a day. You can also apply Diclofenac gel locally over the involved area. On taking this treatment, this usually resolves in five to seven days. In case you have pain in the abdomen, and acid reflux, I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it. I hope it helps.

Muscular pain.

ECG, chest X-ray.

| 

I have dull, persistent aches and pain in abdomen. Is it due to dance practice?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21-year-old female, 1.75 m and 70 kg. For the past two to three months, I have been under quite a lot of stress due to an ongoing internship and various school commitments. I am experiencing dull, persistent aches and pains (at times these are sharp pains) on my right abdomen, and...  Read Full »

My ECG is normal and heart rate is high. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I recently observed that my heart rate (including the resting one) is high. Resting rate is between 75 to 85 beats per minute and an average brisk walking rate is around 115 to 120 beats per minute. When I was unaware, I lived a perfectly normal life with 15 to 16 active hours. However, ...  Read Full »

Chest pain since 15 days. ECG & TMT reports are normal. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am having chest pain since 15 days. My ECG & TMT reports are negative. But still I am suffering with the pain. Please suggest me the appropriate treatment.  Read Full »