Q. Though the cholesterol is normal, is it necessary to take Ecosprin AV?

Answered by Dr. Rishu and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Chest Pain or Betablocker? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Sometimes, my father used to get chest pain. Angiography showed that he has a LAD bridging and vessels are normal and clear. His echo is normal. His BP, blood sugar and cholesterol are normal. After the chest pain, he was given the following medicines for one year. They are Stator, Ismo, Clopidogrel, Aspirin, Cardace and Metoprolol. Now, after 1 year, his cardiologist has prescribed Ecosprin AV 150/20 (Aspirin and Atorvastatin) for lifelong. But, he does not have any pain now. So, is it necessary to take this tablet? Also, his cholesterol level is normal and he is not even having any blood clot as well. I read on the internet and beta blockers are given for LAD bridging, but this doctor have not given it now. He just gave Metoprolol and stopped. Please clear my doubts.