Q. Though the cholesterol is normal, is it necessary to take Ecosprin AV?

Dr. Rishu

Sometimes, my father used to get chest pain. Angiography showed that he has a LAD bridging and vessels are normal and clear. His echo is normal. His BP, blood sugar and cholesterol are normal. After the chest pain, he was given the following medicines for one year. They are Stator, Ismo, Clopidogrel, Aspirin, Cardace and Metoprolol. Now, after 1 year, his cardiologist has prescribed Ecosprin AV 150/20 (Aspirin and Atorvastatin) for lifelong. But, he does not have any pain now. So, is it necessary to take this tablet? Also, his cholesterol level is normal and he is not even having any blood clot as well. I read on the internet and beta blockers are given for LAD bridging, but this doctor have not given it now. He just gave Metoprolol and stopped. Please clear my doubts.

Dr. Rishu

Cardiology

I have noted all details of your father.

• A myocardial bridge means that a group of muscle fibers are present on the top of coronary artery instead of on the bottom. In almost 40% cases, it is asymptomatic.
  • However, in some patient the bunch of muscles pushes the coronary artery causing symptoms of angina and breathlessness.
  • As you know beta blocker and calcium channel blockers are usually given in such patients. Your father was on Metoprolol, but doctor switched it off.
  • The treatment depends on the site of LAD bridging (left anterior descending coronary artery). LAD bridge can be proximal, distal or in between.
  • Kindly send me the angiography report of your father, so that I could see the site of bridging, which you have not mentioned.
  • As his lipid profile is normal, Ecosprin AV can be given in lower doses also. But, I need to see the location of bridging and the doses of all other medicines he has been taken.
  • When it comes to heart suggestion cannot be given without going in details. Wish your father a healthy recovery.

Revert back with the reports to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

My husband had Losar Beta H twice by mistake. Will it cause any side effect?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband used to have Losar Beta H for his BP in the morning and Storvas 10 mg at night. But, mistakenly, he had Losar Beta H again at night. Will it cause any side effect? Should he have Storvas now?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. He can have Storvas (Atorvastatin) now. But, he should not repeat this mistake again. Ask him to take Losar Beta H (combination of Losartan, Atenolol and Hydrochlorothiazide) at a specific time in a day keeping it in a separate pill box. Just a single extra ...  Read Full

Doctor has prescribed tablet ecospirin 75 AV for me. What is the use of this medicine?

Query: Hello, Doctor has prescribed tablet ecospirin 75 AV for me. What is the use of this medicine? Do I have any nerve disorder?  Read Full >>

Dr. Amit Arora

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tablet ecospirin 75 AV contains aspirin and atorvastatin.  Aspirin is a blood thinner and atorvastatin is given to patients who have high blood cholesterol level. This combination is usually given to a cardiac patient. Long term side effect of aspirin is bleedi...  Read Full

Can Aspirin be used to induce periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I had unprotected sex on the 10th day of my period and then took Unwanted 72 within an hour. Now my period has been delayed by 12 days. The pregnancy test done after 10 days of missing period is negative. But, I am getting pimples, bloated stomach and white vaginal disc...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you did not get a withdrawal bleed within 7 to 10 days of taking the Unwanted 72 pill, then the next best thing to do is to get a serum beta hCG test done. It is a blood test for ruling out pregnancy conclusively as of now. If the hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) ...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now