Q. What could be the reason for my right-sided chest and nipple pain?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

I have pain in the right side of my chest with pain in my nipple. I find it difficult to wear tight clothes.

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for your query.

I understand your concern. The symptoms could be related to various conditions, including breast infection, injury, or a breast-related muscle strain. However, pain in the chest area can also be a sign of a more serious condition, such as a heart problem, so it is important to seek medical attention. I suggest you to consult a gynecologist or breast surgeon for an evaluation. They may perform a physical examination, including a breast examination, and order tests such as a mammogram or ultrasound to help determine the cause of your symptoms. In the meantime, you can take over-the-counter pain medication and avoid wearing tight clothing that may irritate your chest. You may also consider using a warm compress or a warm bath to help relieve discomfort. If your symptoms worsen or you experience new symptoms, such as redness, warmth, or discharge from the nipple, seek medical attention promptly, as this could indicate an infection or other serious problem.

I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

|