Q. What causes delayed period with pelvic pain?

Dr. Ushasi Mukherjee
This is a premium question & answer published on May 20, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 02, 2020

I am experiencing pelvic pain for the last few days everytime and my period is late for 1 week as of now. I confirmed that I am not pregnant. I have an urge to urinate more than normal. I also have small nipple pain on both the sides. Please clarify my doubt.

Dr. Ushasi Mukherjee

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Please mention how your menstrual cycles are regarding regularity, duration of bleeding, etc. Your symptoms might be due to premenstrual syndrome with Urinary tract infection. If periods are delayed for 7 days and pregnancy test is negative wait another 7 days for your periods. If not repeat a preg colour test again and inform. Take the tablet below for pain and if pain increases or there is dizziness nausea vomiting or fainting do an USG TVS and inform.

Urine for RE ,ME and Culture sensitivity test .Urine for pregnancy test and USG TVS if no periods in 7 days

Preg colour test and USG TVS if periods dont occur in 7 days.

Urinary tract infection with delayed periods with premenstrual syndrome

Tablet Urispas (Flavoxate) 1 tablet twice daily for 3 days. Tablet Drotin Ds 1 tablet SOS on pain abdomen

Drink plenty of water avoid salt sugar and caffeine intake.

7 days.

| 

What are the first signs of early-onset menopause?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female. My periods have been delayed for two weeks. Till now they are normally regular. Could it be the early onset of menopause or they will eventually come?  Read Full »

I have pelvic pain for the second time in five years. Please suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. My height is 160 cm, and weight is 84 kg. I have a pain and discomfort in the pelvic area which gets aggravated on sitting, lower back pain, irritation on peeing, burning sensation in the pelvic region which radiates at times to the leg. I have seen a urologist...  Read Full »

I have pelvic pain, and my left leg is numb and tingly. Can it be an anxiety attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having some pelvic pain in the lower left side for a couple of weeks. I went to the doctor, and he said everything looked fine. So, I thought maybe it is a muscle strain in the groin area. Today two hours back, I was sitting on the floor for 20 to 30 minutes, and my entire...  Read Full »