iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPulmonology (Asthma Doctors)chronic coughMy 4-year-old son has asthma and he is coughing continuously. What is the treatment?

What is the treatment for chronic cough in asthmatic child?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Nithila. A

Published At September 30, 2019
Reviewed AtMay 13, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My 4-year-old, son, has asthma, and he is coughing so much. He is continuously vomiting, but inhaler and nebulizer are not helping in this case. What should I do?


Welcome to icliniq.com. Asthma can be exacerbated with a lot of external factors, the external factor like dust, cold, hot climate, pollen's causes irritation and eventual inflammation in small airway resulting in obstruction of airways, as a result, difficult breathing and lot of expectorating. Kindly limit his contact with the allergen. Keep him well, hydrated. He needs to take bronchodilator or corticosteroid inhaler will help decrease inflammation, improve coughing as well. Salbutamol cough syrup. Ondansetron will help to stop his vomiting. Also, there is so much advancement has been made in homeopathy treatment, and the medicine shows good response in patients. However, ideally, an X-ray should also be done to see if there is any superimposed chest infection if he has had a fever. I think the best will be to see a pediatrician if the condition is not improved. But the points mentioned above should help your son.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vandana Andrews
Dr. Vandana Andrews

General Practitioner

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

asthmachronic cough

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy