Chronic Cough

What does elevated IgE level indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from cold for the last three years. I consulted an Ayurvedic doctor, and she advised me an allergy test and CBC, and the report was somewhat not good. My IgE result is 1157.00, and it should be below 64. Is there any serious problem?  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query regarding your cold for three years. As you had asked about allergy, here I would like to say that allergic cold has three cardinal features (watery nasal discharge, bouts of sneezing, and nasal obstruction of both side nasal cavity). Seco...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my chronic productive cough?

Query: Hello doctor, I need to get a help for my persistent cough. I have been having this for the past six months. My current medications are 100 mg of Sertraline daily for depression and anxiety. For the past six months, I started developing a persistent, productive cough. The cough usually produces cl...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. There are many causes of chronic cough. I would like to know if you have any other symptoms also like weight loss, blood in the expectoration, loss of appetite, night sweats, low grade fever, or even...  Read Full »

What could be the diagnosis with chronic cough and hoarseness in voice for a long duration?

Query: Hi doctor, 16 months ago, I was exposed to fine dust from dry grinding/polishing of concrete (indoors) where I work. This went on for two workdays. My voice became coarse right away, and a cough started. Now, 16 months later, throat still irritated, voice is somewhat coarse. I have to clear my t...  Read Full »

Dr. Bruce Hudkins

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I doubt very much that cancer is high on the concern list. So I would start by addressing gastroesophageal reflux disease since you are of an age when this starts, you have a chronic throat clearing cough (almost diagnostic for GERD), you are a nonsmoker, and have ha...  Read Full »

Can gastric problems result in cough, sore throat, and headaches?

Query: 1) I'm having cough & sore throat for many years. sometimes I cough after I wake up from sleep & sometimes I just start coughing randomly. My throat will be itchy sometimes, but no pain. 2) suddenly I get headache Star at the back of my head until my shoulder. I get this headache often. It just sta...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, There are two possibilities for the problem your having 1. A chronic gerd with lpr( gastroesophageal reflux with laryngopharngeal reflux). Basically over here acidic gastric contents have a faulty reflux into your throat and this can be the reason of feeling something stuck in your throat or j...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for chronic cough with sticky mucus?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cough that lasts for more than a month now. This usually occurs during night time while lying and sometimes at dawn. At first, it was a dry cough then it turns into a wet cough. I do not spit yellow or green phlegm it is all sticky white mucus. I do not have any history of as...  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Gadge

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand how troublesome it is if it is disturbing your sleep. These cough episodes you are having are mostly due to hyperactive airways. I would advise you certain investigations mentioned below. Also, I would like to know, if you get a cough after exposure...  Read Full »

Is cough without fever a symptom of COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cough for almost eight days. My cough was not frequent and I have no fever till now. I feel like something is in my throat sometimes. Can it be a COVID-19? I take Azithromycin 500 mg once a day after meal and Rhinokast F before sleep.  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any recent travel to countries or areas with COVID-19? How about any recent exposure to someone who is positive with COVID-19? If your answer to these questions is none, then it is least likely for you to have COVID-19. COVID-19 initial symptoms would in...  Read Full »

Why do I have chronic cough and mild heartburn from the last five days?

Query: Query regarding chronic cough almost dry not completely dry from last 5 days. Gets more persistent during sleep. No fever whatsoever. Took 1 tab of citrizine on day one thinking its allergic since no fever or stuffy/running nose. So ruled out allergy since then. No medication taken, just some otc an...  Read Full »

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Answer: Dear, Welcome to Icliniq. Thank you for providing a detailed history. I just want to clear one thing what do you mean by CHRONIC cough? The history you provided is of just five days so it is not chronic but you used word CHRONIC which means cough for months or years. So if it is just five days of...  Read Full »

What is the solution for breathlessness caused due to chronic cough?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing a chronic cough and it has clear-bubbly phlegm and I am so bothered about it because it has been a year since I have it. Sometimes, I vomit especially when my cough is severe and it sometimes makes me breathless. I have been taking antihistamine for it but it h...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your statement, you are suffering from chronic cough for almost a year now that makes you breathless. You did not mention here about your family history, working history, living history, allergic history, smoking history, and the factors that make you br...  Read Full »

Is stabbing chest pain during cough signifies cardiac issue?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a cough since the start this month, but it was just a dry cough. It has got severe when the quarantine started and I could not schedule anymore consultation. I had taken mucolytic which gave me severe coughing but it released a lot of phlegm yellow or greenish color. I tried ca...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most probable cause for the chest pain, in the setting of the problems described by you, is due to muscle spasm on account of indiscriminate coughing when the infection was present. Now the phlegm is less, signifying decreased infection or healing. What you need...  Read Full »

I have chronic cough and cold with high total IgE. What is the diagnosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old male. I am having chronic idiopathic pancreatitis. I am regularly on Agna 25000 three times, Cretox CP three times a day. My problem are cold and cough for two years approximately. Almost four to five days a week. Even sleeping under the fan my nose gets blocked i...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are happy to help you. I understand that you have these complaints for a few years. It most probably is a manifestation of allergic rhinitis. The total IgE in serum is just an indication of the allergy status at the time of taking the blood sample. It is not ver...  Read Full »