Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Why are there positive ANA, chronic fatigue with lightheadedness?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 23-year-old female. I have positive ANA, chronic fatigue, and lightheadedness. Also, inflammation markers are elevated. I currently take Adderall 20 mg twice a day, and Prozac 40 mg once in a day. And I also performed laboratory tests like CBC, LDH, and CMP.  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing. I have gone through your query. There seem to be some doubts about the reports, and I would like to know the history in some more detail. As per the history: 1. Since how long have you been experiencing fatigue? Is it worse during the day or at...  Read Full »

How to treat chronic fatigue and weakness due to positive EBV?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had problems with chronic fatigue for the past 10 years. I was reading about EBV and the test came back positive. Can you review the attached report and give me analysis and next steps as far as testing and treatment?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The positive IgG report can be due to past infection as well. To rule out recent infection, you need to investigate with IgM antibody estimation against EBV (Epstein-Barr virus). ...  Read Full »

Does my GERD lead to dizziness, weak knees and muscle spasm?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I have dizziness and nausea, light-headed like jet lag, weak knees, spasms in arms and legs from time to time, and always hungry. Appetite is normal, no colds, no cough, and no fever. My blood pressure is 150/82. Sleep is normal but I always feel like lackin...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may be suffering from: 1. Insomnia. 2. Hypertension may be related to anxiety. 3. IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). 4. Chronic fatigue syndrome. So use tablet Normaxine (Dicyclomine) twice a day for five days. Use tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast for...  Read Full »

Why do I get severe joint pain with no disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I get frequently sick with joint and muscle pain and burning legs sometimes feel difficulty walking and climbing stairs. I consulted a physical, he tested ANA and it came back positive but since ESR and CRP are normal he said no need to test further and I am perfectly healthy. But my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to ask you a few more queries. Is your sleep pattern normal? Do you have morning fatigue? How long did the viral last? Any hair fall, oral ulcers, dry eyes, or dry mouth? Any recent irritability or forgetfulness? It more appears to be chronic fatigue sy...  Read Full »

What can cause vertigo, abdominal pain, headache, and nausea?

Query: over the past 20 hours ive had constant lightheadedness/vertigo, and during the day today ive gradually started feeling nauseous (no vomiting), abdominal pain/cramping, headache, neck stiffness. in the past week ive had some abdominal pain on/off and acid reflux, as well as headaches and general sor...  Read Full »

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

Rheumatologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: hi, thanks for your query the temporal profile suggests mild ongoing inflammation, that is causing the problem. it could be subclinical inflammation and or infection like a stomach bug. also a possibility of drug intolerance. to amphe along with a drug interaction may be suspected. in addition ofc...  Read Full »

I suffer from chronic muscular pain, fatigue and neck stiffness. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. I am suffering from muscle pain for more than four years. It has just become worse and I could not get a diagnosis until now. It started as an ankle and calf pain four years ago and slowly progressed upward. At present I experience severe bilateral pain in th...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the complaints with chronic muscular pain, fatigue to be your main symptoms. Do you have any urinary problems like pain during passing urine, frequency, urgency? Do you have any history of weakness in the muscles in the form of difficulty in wal...  Read Full »