Q. I have vertigo, abdominal pain, headache, and feel nauseous. What can be the cause?

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

over the past 20 hours ive had constant lightheadedness/vertigo, and during the day today ive gradually started feeling nauseous (no vomiting), abdominal pain/cramping, headache, neck stiffness. in the past week ive had some abdominal pain on/off and acid reflux, as well as headaches and general soreness in my neck and shoulders. i am only 20mg of dexamfetamine (10mg in the morning and 10mg at midday) for adhd. i have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, and ibs but these symptoms don’t feel similar to what i usually experience. no other medications.

ive been trying to drink water and eat crackers but the nausea and abdominal pain makes it difficult. i havent noticed any fever, but i did have chills come and go with some sweating - but didnt feel feverish.

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

hi, thanks for your query

the temporal profile suggests mild ongoing inflammation, that is causing the problem.

it could be subclinical inflammation and or infection like a stomach bug. also a possibility of drug intolerance. to amphe along with a drug interaction may be suspected. in addition ofc on phenomenon of FM OR CFS along with GAD superimposed may result in this condition. in the subsequent sentences and para I would reflect on some measures to mitigate after performing certain investigations.

flare of inflammation
subclinical infection
CFS FLARE
FM FLARE
DRUG INTERACTION

CBC ESR CRP VITAMIN D TSH CREATININE

as above

medication effect

SSRI OR DULOXETINE

anti inflammatory foods

PLEASE CONSULT BY CONTACTING ME THROUGH I CLINIQ FOR EAPID ASSESSMENT AND EVUATION TO PREVENT FLARE OR CO MIRBID MEDICAL CONDITION EMERGENCE

| 

Can the lower abdomen pain be due to ovulation?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two days, I am feeling a mild pain on my lower abdomen and having a feeling that my bowels are not getting cleared. I had my last period about two months back. My periods have become irregular since then. Last month, I got examined and was detected having a uterine fibroid...  Read Full »

Why are loose motion and stomach cramps not getting better with medications?

Query: I having uneasyness in my lower left side of my belly since a year. I visited several doctors but tge problem persisted despite so many medications and endoscopy. First i was told that its a normal infection of my gut and that i will recover after few months of medication. Nothing such happened. I w...  Read Full »

Vertigo and nausea with violent shaking coming from my shoulders. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 30-year-old woman. I have been having rough episodes of vertigo and nausea along with violent shaking that seems to be coming from my shoulders. I have pins and needles all the way down to my legs. I went to the ER twice because my condition suddenly and abruptly worsened. The do...  Read Full »