Q. I have vertigo, abdominal pain, headache, and feel nauseous. What can be the cause?

Dr. K Shanmuganandan
This is a premium question & answer published on May 05, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 31, 2021

I have constant lightheadedness for the past 20 hours. Today, I started to have a feeling of nausea during day time. I also have abdominal pain, headache, and neck stiffness for a week. It comes and goes on for a week. I have pain and soreness in my neck and shoulders. I am taking Dexamphetamine 20 mg for ADHD. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and IBS. I am trying to drink water and eat food. But nausea and abdominal pain make me difficult to do it. I do not have a fever but I have chills with sweating.

#

Your temporal profile suggests that you have mild ongoing inflammation. These symptoms can occur due to sub-clinical inflammation or stomach bug or drug intolerance. In addition, a phenomenon of fibromyalgia (FM) or chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) can be superimposed with a generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).

You can have a flare of inflammation, subclinical infection, CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) flare, FM (fibromyalgia) flare, and drug interaction.

You need to do CBC (complete blood count), ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), CRP (C-reactive protein), vitamin D, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), and creatinine.

As mentioned above.

You can have a medication effect.

You can treat this condition by taking SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) or Duloxetine.

Avoid taking anti-inflammatory foods.

Have a follow-up at any time.

|