Q. Can smoking cause high blood pressure, increased heart rate, and shortness of breath?

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Cigarette Smoking or Quitting Smoking? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I suffered from bronchitis, four years ago. Since it got cured, I smoked cigarettes for two years and gradually stopped smoking. Recently, I have high blood pressure, increased heart rate, and I have shortness of breath. I started running 2 km daily. Why am I having all these symptoms?