Q. I am 15 weeks pregnant. Can I take collagen?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

I am 15 weeks pregnant, 34 years old and am wondering if taking collagen is safe during pregnancy. I have purchased a multi-collagen protein but do not want to start taking it until I am assured it is fine.

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Collagen is a natural protein present in your different parts of the body like hair, skin, joints, bones, blood vessels, though different types. Taking collagen supplements is totally safe but dosage should be nearly 20 to 30 gm daily. It has seen to provide lots of benefits to mothers like prevention of stretch marks, hair loss, dryness of skin, etc. So, definitely give it a go and tell me the difference.

|