Q. Can color blindness be rectified with medicines?

Dr. Dada Peer K
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 04, 2020

Six years ago, I noticed that I have color blindness. Can this be corrected? Or will it remain forever? If correction is possible then how can it be?

#

• Color blindness is of two types, congenital and acquired.
  • The congenital one is present from birth and can be noticed in adult life. There is no treatment for this type of color blindness.
  • The acquired type is seen in diseases affecting the optic nerve and the treatment of the condition is by treating of the underlying disease.
  • Hence, I advise you to consult an ophthalmologist for examination and treatment.

For further doubts consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|