Q. Why is there blurred vision after using laptop for long hours?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Mar 07, 2019

I play games on my laptop for hours a day and after a few hours, my eyes become little blurry especially my left eye. It is not that I cannot see a thing but I cannot see clearly either as compared to my right eye. I can see fully clear when it is about 5 to 10 cm from my eye (letters) but it became blurry when the distance increases. Right eye is pretty fine but left eyes are not proper as right. So what kind of medication do I need?

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

If you having blurring of vision in one or both eyes first thing to do is get your eyes checked for refractive error, you might need glasses. And glasses will solve your problem. Other cause of blurring after an excess laptop or digital devices use may be dry eyes. People who sit in front of screens have a greater risk of having dry eyes. In such cases, artificial tears are needed. So, the first thing to do is visit your eye doctor and get your eyes examined for glasses and complete eye examination including the retinal exam.

I have dry eyes, eye strain and stinging due to constant computer use. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having dry eye problems since the last three years due to heavy computer usage. The eyes feel dry, and sometimes there is burning. Reading strains my eyes. I take Omega 369 tablets when this problem occurs, and then I would be alright for 15 to 30 days. But, it would resurface af...  Read Full »

How can my blurred vision be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having blurry vision ever since my sore eyes have been going away. It started a week ago when I was diagnosed with sore eyes. My physician told me to use Terramycin four to five times a day and on the sixth day, the swelling in my eyes got better. But once my eye was in a ...  Read Full »

Why is my eye blurry only in sunlight?

Query: Hello doctor, My right eye appears blurry but only in sunlight and I see my eyelashes blurring my vision. I can read clearly with both my eyes and can also watch TV and normal activity while indoors. But during day time in bright light, I cannot see clearly with my right eye. I am 43, male. My eyes...  Read Full »