Q. Can one be color blind if one has 20/20 vision?

Dr. Thilanka Kashyapa Perera

Can one be color blind if one has 20/20 vision?

Dr. Thilanka Kashyapa Perera

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Well, for your knowledge color blindness and color deficiency are two different things.

You gain color vision due to cone cells in your retina.

True color blinds see only black and white.

They have no cones or have only blue cones. This is rare and they do not have 20/20 vision they nearly have 20/200.

Most others are color deficient people; however, it is erroneously used as a color blind.

They have either two types of cones including the blue and all three types of cones.

They see the world colored but they have issues with color discrimination. They can have 20/20 vision.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

My doctor was unable to explain the cause of my concern. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. I was diagnosed as type 1 diabetic at age 25. I am used to smoke, but I quit when I was diagnosed. Recently, after a stressful situation I fell off the wagon for the first time since I was diagnosed and bought a pack of cigarettes. I did not smoke the whole pack, just a...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ronald Tongbai
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most likely, it is not something to be alarmed about. Small, unexplained visual change is actually a common occurrence that I see in a lot of my patients. Most cases are usually due to benign causes that very rarely lead to any further complications. It can be tough to pi...  Read Full

Cataract Surgery FAQ - Eye Health

Article Overview: No one in the world is free from aging. It is only natural that cataract, a disease of aging, is the most commonly performed non-emergency, daycare surgery in the world. In this article, I try to answer commonly asked questions from cataract patients. Read Article

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

No one in the world is free from aging. It is only natural that cataract, a disease of aging is the most commonly performed non-emergency, daycare surgery in the world. Here I have dealt with questions that cataract patients commonly ask me. How do I know that I have developed cataract? Almost eve...  Read Article

Ask a Doctor Now