Q. Is there any treatment for corneal scar?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Published on Nov 22, 2016

One month ago, some iron particle fell into my left eye. When I went to the hospital, they said that there is a scar on the front of the pupil. Also, I was informed that there is no treatment for that. Please tell me some solution.

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• You seem to have a residual scar on your cornea post removal of iron particle. Usually, iron particles leave behind a very small scar, which do not affect vision significantly.
  • The scar by itself is non-progressive. If there is no loss of vision or glare, it is better to leave it untouched.
  • However, if there is any significant decrease in vision, then laser removal of superficial scar or a burr polishing of localized rust ring may be done.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

One of my baby's eyeballs appears to be deeper. Will it get corrected on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is one and a half months old. One of her eyeballs appears to be more inside than the other. What should we do? Should we consult a specialist or will it get alright as the baby grows?  Read Full >>

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. Please provide me with more information so that I can guide you better. Does your baby have any vision problems? Did she reach all her milestones according to her age? How about her social smile, looking at her mother, an...  Read Full

LASER eye surgery: Basic Guide to Eyesight Correction

Article Overview: Refractive surgery is one of the fastest evolving areas in medical technology. It comes under the broad category of esthetic surgeries and has come a long way since its conception. In this article, I try my best to answer the commonly asked questions from patients interested in refractive surgery. Read Article

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Refractive surgery is one of the fastest evolving areas in medical technology. It is opted by patients to correct their eyesight problems. The main reason it has become so popular these days is better post-operative results that we can expect to get from these procedures, which we could not have a f...  Read Article

Kindly explain the difference between IntraLasik and Contoura Lasik?

Query: Hi doctor, What is the difference between IntraLasik and Contoura Lasik?  Read Full >>

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. IntraLasik is a method in which the corneal flap is taken by laser. In regular Lasik, the corneal flap is taken by a mechanical device which has a metal blade. The rest of the procedures are the same. Contoura vision is a personalized Lasik in which the laser correction...  Read Full