Conjunctivitis

Is watery discharge from eyes a sign of conjunctivitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have little white discharge from my eyes when I wake up. Could this be some form of conjunctivitis? If yes, what is the treatment? I have been washing my eyes with warm saline water for three days. After I wash, the eyes are normal and there is no redness during the day. The condition ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If this is a recent onset and finding, then it could be conjunctivitis. But, if you do not have other symptoms like pain, then it is likely to be pollution related. Try to change in your exposure to pollution. You may continue the saline wash. Also, Olopatadine eye drop...  Read Full »

Can contact lenses cause conjunctivitis?

Query: I started to develop an issue after wearing contact lenses. I am an occasional wearer (typically 2-3x per week) and wear monthly’s. Over the last month, any time I have worn my contacts I wake up with redness/conjunctivitis in my left eye. I have worn contacts 1x a week this month and it has ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query, How many years have you been wearing contact lenses? If it's been a long time, over a span of 10 yrs or so, you will likely start to develop intolerance to lenses. The protein deposits that accumulate on the lenses can cause a reaction on the undersurface of the eyelids...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for bloodshot eyes.

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has a bloodshot eye for a several days already and it is getting worse. We tried to use some drops, but that does not help. What we should do? He said that his vision has become blurred.  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Has he suffered any trauma or any systemic history of any illness? Please send some pictures if possible to help. Revert back with the photos to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist  Read Full »

Is my lower left eyelid swollen because of an STD?

Query: Hi, I have a very slightly swollen lower left eye lid since 3 days. Since 3 days swelling did not increase or dcrease. So far, I dont have any pain or irritation or itching. Normally, i would not worry about it. But this time, i am bit worried if it is because of STD. I had sex 11 days before with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Mark Chao

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Looks like you have mild conjunctivitis. Will give you an eye ointment Treatment regimen 1. Apply Warm Compress 10 mins 3x a day over the inflammed area 2. Apply Tobradex ointment 4x a day for 2 weeks over the inflammed area. And please apply inside the eye too by pulling the lower eyelid down and...  Read Full »

Is eye infection a symptom of COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an eye infection in my right eye for the past eight days. I got some eye drops like Carboxymethyl cellulose, Teradox, and Loteflam, but no much improvement. I got some cold as well. Is this symptom of COVID-19 for a normal eye infection and what should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it is looking like infection only as you said. It is associated with cold also. Can you send me an image of your eye so I can guide you more precisely? If needed we can add medicines also.  Read Full »

My eyes are swollen in the morning after I get up from sleep. Is this due to bacterial infection?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are swollen especially in the morning. I find it hard to open my eyes after a nap or when I wake up in the morning. After that, I am fine during the day with watery eyes sometimes. No itching but it is little reddish when it is hot. Around the first week of March, I went to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have described in your history it is looking like an infection in your eyes. Can you please send your eye image to me? So that I can get an exact idea about your condition and depend upon that we can plan further. It is better if I can see your eye condition a...  Read Full »

How to treat redness in eyes due to foreign body invasion?

Query: Hello doctor, My eye has become red and is watering, I think a foreign object has entered but I am not able to find it. What should I do? It happened yesterday and icing did not help. Currently, I am under medication for high blood pressure.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First this to rule out is a foreign body in the eye. For that ask someone to examine your eye with a torchlight and also check the upper lid by everting it because that is the common site for foreign body. Sometimes a very small foreign body cannot be seen with the nake...  Read Full »

How to treat redness of eyes in a 4-year-old kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old daughter is having redness in eyes. We consulted her pediatrician and he advised Moxicip and Mezol eye drops for five days but the redness has not gone away but it is reduced.  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For how many days you have used these drops? Is she having itching also? Any symptoms like running nose, cough, or fever? Is there problem in only one eye or both eyes?  Read Full »

Kindly suggest solution for small freckles on cheeks and forehead of 1-month-old baby.

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know about small freckles on the cheeks and forehead of 1-month-old male child. Also, the left eye is watery and collection of yellowish mass after few hours near the inner end of the left eye. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Arunkumar

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very normal for a newborn baby up to 6 months of age to develop such minor skin problems. It is called milia. There is no need to worry about it. It is due to insignificant obstruction in sweat glands. I will prescribe a lotion. Please apply the lotion three to fo...  Read Full »

Can infection and redness in the eye be caused only by scratching?

Query: Hello doctor, My contact scratched my eye the other day. My eye has become progressively worse. It is my right eye and it is red closet to the inner corner and when I blink, it feels gritty. I think it is just an eye infection.  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is conjunctivitis. Use Moxifloxacin eye drops four times a day for two weeks. Just Tears eye drops (Carboxy methylcellulose) four times a day for two weeks. Do warm compress three times a day. Stop using contact lenses until the eye is quite. If the black part...  Read Full »