Conjunctivitis

Can contact lenses cause conjunctivitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I started to develop an issue after wearing contact lenses. I am an occasional wearer (typically two to three times per week) and wear monthly. Over the last month, whenever I have worn my contacts, I wake up with redness or conjunctivitis in my left eye. I have worn contacts once a week...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. How many years have you been wearing contact lenses? If it has been a long time, over ten years or so, you will likely start to develop intolerance to lenses. The protein deposits that accumulate on the lenses can cause a reaction to the eyelids' ...  Read Full »

What can cause swelling in the eyelid?

Query: Hi doctor,I am uploading the pathology slides of my mother, who had a swelling on her left eyelid.Kindly review the slides and provide a suitable diagnosis.  Read Full »

Dr. Utkarsh Sharma

Pathologist, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I shall definitely try to help you with your query. Microscopic sections studied stained with hematoxylin and eosin (H and E) show well-circumscribed dermal tumors with cellular masses separated by collagenous stroma. The tumor is made up of two types of the cell po...  Read Full »

My wife and kid have yellowish eye discharge from the morning. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, Today morning, my kid 1.5 years old and wife's eyes got stuck with yellow discharge. The top of the eye become slightly red, and the eye seems heavy and tiny little bit. The eyes were cleaned with saline water, and the yellow deposit got cleared. How to avoid further yellow discharge and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms are suggestive of viral conjunctivitis. The other symptoms of viral conjunctivitis include mild lid edema, foreign body sensation, watering, discharge and redness. You can prevent this by using two handkerchiefs (one for each eye), keeping eyes and hand...  Read Full »

Is my lower left eyelid swollen because of an STD?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a slight swelling in the lower left eyelid for the past three days. But the swelling has not increased or decreased. I do not have pain or irritation or itching on it. Normally, I do not worry about anything. But I am worried if it could be due to STD. I had sex with my partner befo...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Mark Chao

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your picture shows mild conjunctivitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need an eye ointment. Apply a warm compress for ten minutes over the inflamed area for three days. Apply Tobradex ointment (Tobramycin and Dexamethasone) four times a day fo...  Read Full »

Is watery discharge from eyes a sign of conjunctivitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have little white discharge from my eyes when I wake up. Could this be some form of conjunctivitis? If yes, what is the treatment? I have been washing my eyes with warm saline water for three days. After I wash, the eyes are normal and there is no redness during the day. The condition ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If this is a recent onset and finding, then it could be conjunctivitis. But, if you do not have other symptoms like pain, then it is likely to be pollution related. Try to change in your exposure to pollution. You may continue the saline wash. Also, Olopatadine eye drop...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for bloodshot eyes.

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has a bloodshot eye for a several days already and it is getting worse. We tried to use some drops, but that does not help. What we should do? He said that his vision has become blurred.  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Has he suffered any trauma or any systemic history of any illness? Please send some pictures if possible to help. Revert back with the photos to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist  Read Full »

Is eye infection a symptom of COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an eye infection in my right eye for the past eight days. I got some eye drops like Carboxymethyl cellulose, Teradox, and Loteflam, but no much improvement. I got some cold as well. Is this symptom of COVID-19 for a normal eye infection and what should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it is looking like infection only as you said. It is associated with cold also. Can you send me an image of your eye so I can guide you more precisely? If needed we can add medicines also.  Read Full »

My eyes are swollen in the morning after I get up from sleep. Is this due to bacterial infection?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are swollen especially in the morning. I find it hard to open my eyes after a nap or when I wake up in the morning. After that, I am fine during the day with watery eyes sometimes. No itching but it is little reddish when it is hot. Around the first week of March, I went to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have described in your history it is looking like an infection in your eyes. Can you please send your eye image to me? So that I can get an exact idea about your condition and depend upon that we can plan further. It is better if I can see your eye condition a...  Read Full »

How to treat redness in eyes due to foreign body invasion?

Query: Hello doctor, My eye has become red and is watering, I think a foreign object has entered but I am not able to find it. What should I do? It happened yesterday and icing did not help. Currently, I am under medication for high blood pressure.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First this to rule out is a foreign body in the eye. For that ask someone to examine your eye with a torchlight and also check the upper lid by everting it because that is the common site for foreign body. Sometimes a very small foreign body cannot be seen with the nake...  Read Full »

How to treat redness of eyes in a 4-year-old kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old daughter is having redness in eyes. We consulted her pediatrician and he advised Moxicip and Mezol eye drops for five days but the redness has not gone away but it is reduced.  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For how many days you have used these drops? Is she having itching also? Any symptoms like running nose, cough, or fever? Is there problem in only one eye or both eyes?  Read Full »