Conjunctivitis

Is eye infection a symptom of COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an eye infection in my right eye for the past eight days. I got some eye drops like Carboxymethyl cellulose, Teradox, and Loteflam, but no much improvement. I got some cold as well. Is this symptom of COVID-19 for a normal eye infection and what should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it is looking like infection only as you said. It is associated with cold also. Can you send me an image of your eye so I can guide you more precisely? If needed we can add medicines also.  Read Full »

My eyes are swollen in the morning after I get up from sleep. Is this due to bacterial infection?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are swollen especially in the morning. I find it hard to open my eyes after a nap or when I wake up in the morning. After that, I am fine during the day with watery eyes sometimes. No itching but it is little reddish when it is hot. Around the first week of March, I went to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have described in your history it is looking like an infection in your eyes. Can you please send your eye image to me? So that I can get an exact idea about your condition and depend upon that we can plan further. It is better if I can see your eye condition a...  Read Full »

How to treat redness in eyes due to foreign body invasion?

Query: Hello doctor, My eye has become red and is watering, I think a foreign object has entered but I am not able to find it. What should I do? It happened yesterday and icing did not help. Currently, I am under medication for high blood pressure.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First this to rule out is a foreign body in the eye. For that ask someone to examine your eye with a torchlight and also check the upper lid by everting it because that is the common site for foreign body. Sometimes a very small foreign body cannot be seen with the nake...  Read Full »

How to treat redness of eyes in a 4-year-old kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old daughter is having redness in eyes. We consulted her pediatrician and he advised Moxicip and Mezol eye drops for five days but the redness has not gone away but it is reduced.  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For how many days you have used these drops? Is she having itching also? Any symptoms like running nose, cough, or fever? Is there problem in only one eye or both eyes?  Read Full »

Kindly suggest solution for small freckles on cheeks and forehead of 1-month-old baby.

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know about small freckles on the cheeks and forehead of 1-month-old male child. Also, the left eye is watery and collection of yellowish mass after few hours near the inner end of the left eye. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Arunkumar

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very normal for a newborn baby up to 6 months of age to develop such minor skin problems. It is called milia. There is no need to worry about it. It is due to insignificant obstruction in sweat glands. I will prescribe a lotion. Please apply the lotion three to fo...  Read Full »

Can infection and redness in the eye be caused only by scratching?

Query: Hello doctor, My contact scratched my eye the other day. My eye has become progressively worse. It is my right eye and it is red closet to the inner corner and when I blink, it feels gritty. I think it is just an eye infection.  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is conjunctivitis. Use Moxifloxacin eye drops four times a day for two weeks. Just Tears eye drops (Carboxy methylcellulose) four times a day for two weeks. Do warm compress three times a day. Stop using contact lenses until the eye is quite. If the black part...  Read Full »

Why are my eyes red and watery, and eyelids swollen?

Query: Hi doctor, When I wake up in the morning, I have watery eyes, eyelid swelling and redness. The symptoms get clear in some half an hour to a maximum of 2 hours and then it remains fine the entire day. Please help with this.  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your watering problem may be related to previous conjunctivitis attacks. This is more common in viral conjunctivitis. You can use artificial tear drops during watering. You can send pictures of your eyes and old records for more clear diagnosis and treatment...  Read Full »

What causes the feeling of something in the eye while blinking after taking out contact lenses?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been wearing contacts for a few years, but recently after I take my contact lenses out. I feel like there is something in my left eye when I blink. Do you know what this could be?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have been wearing contact lenses for a few years now, you could have developed giant papillary conjunctivitis. Here patients develop a few bumps on their conjunctiva (the lining of their eye) due to prolonged use of contact lenses. The best way to get rid o...  Read Full »

Why is there redness and itching in the eyes even after using eye drops?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently I got an itchy eye while on my iPad it itched a lot, and I got some allergic eye drops in my eyes. I used it for a few days and noticed my eyes were very red, sore, itchy, gritty, and sticky. My vision got blurred in my left eye, and this is where the itch started first. Con...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are probably suffering from conjunctivitis, which is not related to your iPad usage. It will take a week or so for the episode to settle down, and some blurring and stickiness may persist till then. Do not worry. Use copious lubricating eye drops like Refresh T...  Read Full »

Can pink eye spread through sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pink eye. Can I have sex with my wife as we are trying for pregnancy? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Probably you have conjunctivitis and that is a communicable disease. So, I would not advise you get intimate with your wife for next 2-3 days till you get better. For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doc...  Read Full »