Q. I have pink eye. Can I have sex?

Published on Apr 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2019

I have pink eye. Can I have sex with my wife as we are trying for pregnancy? Please suggest.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

• So, I would not advise you get intimate with your wife for next 2-3 days till you get better.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I am under medical treatment for conjunctivitis for the past 5 days. Symptoms have reduced, but not cured completely. Still is it contagious?

#

• It is difficult to say as the inflammation must have been subsided by now, but the infection might be there.
  • Since you are planning to have a baby, I would advise you to avoid intimacy for a day or two more.
  • If your wife gets pregnant and catches the infection, she would have to undergo medicine exposure.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

How can my wife avoid passing on her eye infection to our child?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is having a red eye. We are thinking that it is spreading to the other eye too. We visited an ophthalmologist and she said that it is viral conjunctivitis. She has prescribed Gatifloxacin eye drops four to five times a day and Moxicip ointment at night. This was three days bac...  Read Full »

Is parasitic eye infection contagious?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had some irritation in her eye. So, we went to the doctor, who said she has a parasite in her eye. After reading about it on the internet, I am worried that she might go blind. It is a very new relationship, so I wanted to know if it is contagious?  Read Full »

Does it take 2 to 3 weeks for a bacterial eye infection to heal?

Query: Hi doctor, From the last two weeks, my eyes are reddish. So after three days, I consulted an ophthalmologist, and he said that I have got an eye infection, and he suggested to use Vigamox, Floace, and tear eye drops, four times daily. But after two days, my vision started to blur, so I rushed to th...  Read Full »