Q. How can I manage constipation?

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Acute chronic constipation for the last 20 years. I have been taking in the past multiple medications but could not be cured of constipation. Recently, I started taking capsule Pantocid L in the morning and I found relief to the extent of 40 % from my constipation but still, I am struggling with my constipation and even laxatives are not suiting to my body. Kindly advise. It takes more than two and a half hour to evacuate my bowels. I take a lot of water, papaya and do yoga exercises but constipation is unabated.

#

Chronic constipation needs laxatives and life style modification. Some of the people may not be able to tolerate lactulose. Do not worry. We have another kind of laxatives that will not produce gases. Take Peglec one packet (big one) in two liters of water over 3 to 4 hours. It will help to clear your intestine in one go. If you did not clear your stool, repeat on the same day. By the second day, take Laxopeg sachets two sachets at night time. High fiber diet, include more salads in your meals. Adequate amount of water 4 to 5 liters in a day. No junk food. Regular excercise.

|