Q. How can I manage constipation?

Dr. Babu Lal Meena
Published on Oct 31, 2018

Acute chronic constipation for the last 20 years. I have been taking in the past multiple medications but could not be cured of constipation. Recently, I started taking capsule Pantocid L in the morning and I found relief to the extent of 40 % from my constipation but still, I am struggling with my constipation and even laxatives are not suiting to my body. Kindly advise. It takes more than two and a half hour to evacuate my bowels. I take a lot of water, papaya and do yoga exercises but constipation is unabated.

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Medical Gastroenterology Paediatrics
#

Chronic constipation needs laxatives and life style modification. Some of the people may not be able to tolerate lactulose. Do not worry. We have another kind of laxatives that will not produce gases. Take Peglec one packet (big one) in two liters of water over 3 to 4 hours. It will help to clear your intestine in one go. If you did not clear your stool, repeat on the same day. By the second day, take Laxopeg sachets two sachets at night time. High fiber diet, include more salads in your meals. Adequate amount of water 4 to 5 liters in a day. No junk food. Regular excercise.

Can constipation be related to high sugar levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily ...  Read Full »

Can chronic constipation cause prostatitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have been suffering from bladder and lower back pain for about six months now. I have been to the doctor several times and each time the test was negative for infection. I used to get relief from symptoms once I take the antibiotics, but the pain will recur. I do no...  Read Full »

Why do I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I go out?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. My weight is 63 kg. I have masturbation habit for 6 years. My stomach gets bloated and there is gas formation. I also have tiredness and diarrhea. I have to apply pressure for passing urine and stools. I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I got to go out ...  Read Full »