Q. Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Dr. Akant Kaushal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 01, 2018 and last reviewed on: Feb 04, 2021

I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.

#

The most common cause of burning sensation in anus following stools will be the consumption of spicy food. Another cause can be constipation, which can cause fissures around the anus.

If this is the condition, apply Diltiazem gel 2 % three to four times a day for seven to 10 days and use a stool softener like Cremaffin syrup (milk of Magnesia and liquid Paraffin) two tablespoons once a day for 15 to 20 days.

If there is no history, you can apply Lignocaine jelly to your anus for few days. If the problem persists, consult a doctor who could examine your anal region.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|