Q. Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Dr. Akant Kaushal
Published on Jul 01, 2018

I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.

Dr. Akant Kaushal

Nutritionist
#

The most common cause of burning sensation in anus following stools will be the consumption of spicy food. Another cause can be constipation, which can cause fissures around the anus.

If this is the condition, apply Diltiazem gel 2 % three to four times a day for seven to 10 days and use a stool softener like Cremaffin syrup (milk of Magnesia and liquid Paraffin) two tablespoons once a day for 15 to 20 days.

If there is no history, you can apply Lignocaine jelly to your anus for few days. If the problem persists, consult a doctor who could examine your anal region.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

How to deal with gastric symptoms after eating very spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, I have constipation with a stomach ache. I recently had a few meals of spicy food and I am facing the consequences for the last four to five days. The symptoms include constipation, narrowing of stools, pain in lower abdomen (especially the lower right portion towards groin), acidic i...  Read Full >>

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am worried about the location of your pain. A right lower quadrant pain indicates appendicitis. Constipation can be well managed if there is no evidence of appendicitis. In case of appendicitis, we should be cautious to give any kind of laxatives. So before giving ...  Read Full

How can anal fissure be treated?

Query: Hello doctor,Six months ago, I faced anal fissure problem, which resolved through diet and medicine. One month ago due to constipation, bleeding started during the passing of stool. Now one inner hemorrhoid has protruded about 0.3 inches in size in the anal area. This creates pain for six hours afte...  Read Full >>

Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must be having a recurrent anal fissure (fissure-in-ano). You need to see a surgeon so that you are not missing anything else.For fissures, the following remedies work wonders: Sitz bath thrice a day for 15 minutes each time. Sitz bath means you should sit in...  Read Full

Can constipation be related to high sugar levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Diabetes is not curable but controllable. The first line in the management of type 2 diabetes is lifestyle modifications. Fasting should not be higher than 110, postprandial should not be higher than 140, and HbA1c should not be higher than 7.5. My advice: Healthy di...  Read Full

Ask a Family Physician Now