Q. I have constipation problem with intestinal lymphangioma. Kindly help.

Dr. Prakash Nagar

I am having a constipation problem for the past few days. I do not have a proper bowel movement until today. After the use of constipation medication, a lot of stool excreted with blood. Ultrasound detected no echogenic mass in the abdomen. The radiologist considers suspicious lymphangioma. Please advise about the diagnosis and treatment plan.

#

I tried to download the attached file but could not (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

As sonography does not show any mass, then the diagnosis needs to be confirmed first by MRI (magnetic resonance imaging). Intestinal lymphangioma may give rise to constipation and bleeding.

As for as the treatment part is concerned, multiple options are available, depending on many factors. There are chances of spontaneous regression, but if symptoms are troubling, intervention is required, including surgery.

It requires a team to decide on the type of treatment. Each individual needs a team that includes a Pediatrician, Pediatric surgeon, Radiologist, and Hematologists.

Please resend all the reports so that I can give you more clear advice. Meanwhile, treat constipation by glycerine suppository and syrup Duphalac. Take care of hemoglobin level as the possibility of anemia is high if bleeding is recurrent.

| 

Are there any home remedies for blood in stools with constipation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old and I have a problem of blood in the stool for two days. I do not feel pain and any other symptoms but sometimes constipation exist and my long toilet interval is once every two days (most common). Sometimes rarely on every day or three days interval. Are there any...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»