Q. What fiber-rich foods would you recommend to combat constipation?

Dr. J. N. Naidu

I have had a feeling of constipation for a month now, and I try laxatives to help it. My friend, a doctor, said that increased dietary fiber intake might help relieve constipation.

Can you please help me with what are the dietary fibers to be taken to ease constipation? Are dietary fibers more in animal foods or plant-based foods?

Thank you, doctor.

#

Boiled vegetables and fruits (excluding fruit juices) are the best sources of fiber. Brown rice and millets are also good sources of fiber. Ready-made foods and junk foods are bad for constipation.

|