Q. Which method of contraception works best to delay pregnancy?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

I am married and is not planning for kids for the next five years, but I would like to get intimate physically with my partner. Is there any need to take any medicine, or is using a condom enough? Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern.

There are different approaches to delaying the pregnancy till you want. One approach is to use a condom whenever you want sex. Another approach is that your wife can take a contraceptive pill as recommended or practice the calender method and have sex during a safe period. Also, if there is any chance that you did not practice contraceptive measures and had sex, then an emergency pill is an opinion. But this should not be used regularly and should be used as an emergency method. Take an in-person opinion from your doctor for details of each approach and how to use them.

|