Q. Kindly suggest a treatment for corneal dystrophy.

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Natarajan and medically reviewed by Dr. Hema

Do you have a question on Corneal Dystrophy or Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Acetate? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had a consultation with a local doctor, and she told me that I have corneal dystrophy. It is genetic here as my mother also have that. I can see bubbles moving around when I concentrate at any point, it is like tiny white color dots on cornea. I am using spectacles since last few years (cylindrical power, -2(L), -1.5(R)). This dystrophy is not a big problem for now, but it creates a problem when I study or read something. It creates a headache, which distracts me while studying. Can you please suggest me a treatment either prevention through surgery or medication (any eye drop)? Please let me know if you need further details. Thank you.