Q. I am seeing glare or haze and rainbow around light sources. Kindly help.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Vaswani and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Glaucoma or Eye Pressure? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 24-year-old male, and for about two years, I experience seeing haze or glare and rainbow around light sources. It all began in about two years ago, and it gradually gets bigger over time. The intensity of those symptoms does not fluctuate. It is the same throughout the whole day and is constant. I do not experience any eye pain.

I have been to the ophthalmologist, and I had a lot of eye exams, everything is fine with my cornea. I do not have any dystrophies or keratoconus. My eye pressure is also normal 16 and 19 mm Hg, and everything is fine with my retina. So could you suggest what it could be? My ophthalmologist thinks that it may be glaucoma, but I am not sure about that, because symptoms are constant (they gradually gets more intensive over months, but throughout days or weeks it is the same).