Q. My COVID test remains positive even after 20 days of infection. Why?

Dr. S D Sinha
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 01, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 15, 2021

I got infected with COVID-19 and became sick 20 days back. I kept myself isolated and I went to do my cover test after a week and got a positive result. I was in full isolation in my room and after ten days, I was totally fine without any symptoms. After staying isolated, I tested again for COVID-19 after a week. I got a negative result. But I did not finish my isolation as I have aged family members and again, I did my test to reconfirm it before two days. I got a positive result without any symptoms. What to do now?

#

I suggest you kindly share your reports of COVID-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2) taken previously and now. I suggest you continue to be in-home isolation even though you are asymptomatic and kindly consult a local doctor if you have any symptoms. You need treatment and focus on staying stable. Do warm salt water gargling and steam inhalation. Take a balanced diet with high proteins, vegetables, fruits, and low carbohydrates. Do mild aerobic exercise if you are asymptomatic. Do breathing exercises. You can take tablet vitamin C 500 mg one tablet twice daily for 15 days, tablet Zinc 50 mg one tablet thrice daily, or 100 to 150 mg tablet once daily. Take capsule vitamin D3 60,000 IU one capsule once a week for six weeks, and capsule Saccharomyces Boulardii 250 mg one capsule twice daily for seven days.

|