Covid-19

Are chills, shortness of breath, and low lymphocyte count symptoms of COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old male, non-smoker. My lymphocytes count is dropping during the last three months. It used to be stable during last year. Mysterious COVID-19 like symptoms stated by March chills, SOB, etc. Chest CT clear. CRP 0.5, ESR 2. But my Neutrophil / lymph ratio is increasing. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following is my opinion on your asked question. In COVID-19 infection usually, CRP (C-reactive protein) is high which is an inflammatory marker. Your CRP normal. So COVID-19 is less likely. Moreover, you had symptoms since March. COVID-19 usually does not last for such...  Read Full »

Are the medicines prescribed for COVID-19 symptoms fine?

Query: height 5'4" weight 67 kg, age 28 , my sister has preliminary symptoms of covid-19 , the family doctor has suggested home quarantine, she has a separate room. symptoms include : sore throat, headache, high fever, body ache, cough (no dry), some rash formation on skin. i just want to confirm the m...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: hi thanx for the query. I can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from sore throat,headache,high fever, bodyache,cough with rashes and ur family doctor's preliminary assumption is Covid-19 positive. she is has been home quarantined and ur query is whether the m...  Read Full »

I am having asthma since last week. Is it due to COVID?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having asthma since last week. I nebulized 3 times a day and took Ventolin tablets and antibiotic only yestesday. I am getting better than before. Is there any medicine that I could take for my cough. Also, my employer asked me to quarantine myself becuse my service in go...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. Being in COVID pandemic season at present, it is suggested to do COVID swab test. since you are asthmatic, as you told it is difficult to differentiate between asthma symptoms and COVID symptoms. But persons with already known lung diseases...  Read Full »

Why do I get fever only in midnight?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last three days, I got a fever with chills between 2 AM to 4 AM. Remaining time all day no fever but having a headache. Recently, I had many mosquito bites. I am currently on paracetamol 650.  Read Full »

Dr. Manju Jayasimha Pula Jayaram

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mostly, it will be infectious causes that we will have to rule out first. Since you are already taking Paracetamol, that would be enough in terms of medications. But it is already three days, and we will have to get the blood tests done. We need to see 1. Complete blo...  Read Full »

Does earache with throat soreness indicate Coronavirus infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an earache on the left side and soreness in my throat when I swallow on the left side. Is this possibly Coronavirus?  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. COVID-19 disease could have multiple manifestations beyond the classic triad of fever, sore throat, and breathlessness and atypical symptoms like lack of smell, lack of taste and diarrhea. It is a virus that primarily affects the respiratory tract starting from nose,...  Read Full »

Are itchy skin rashes a sign of COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, My father has a skin rash on the middle back from the past four days, and it is not spreading nor decreasing. It seems chickenpox-like rash and it is characterized by tiny pink bumps with a clear fluid in the middle (vesicles). No other area in the body is seen with the rash. Apart f...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the history and photos you provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It suggests that your father has herpes zoster. Do not worry this is not COVID-19 symptom. Herpes zoster is a viral infection that happens due to reactivation of ...  Read Full »

What are the possible ways of contracting COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, Today I took a COVID-19 test. Not because I have been feeling sick if anything. As a matter of fact, my husband just took his test and it was negative. Every time I go out I take the necessary precautions. After I left the doctor's office I sanitized my hands and walked towards my car....  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have undergone for COVID-19 test and after finishing the test, you have touched your car's door handle with your bare hands and also touched your nose and your query is the chance of being infected by COVI...  Read Full »

What type of infection can cause on and off fever with cough and cold?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 45 years old. I am having on and off fever since last week. I had a cough and cold but it is beginning to heal. I am also having phlegm now. But the fever does not go away especially in the afternoon to night time. I suspect that I have some infection. I am taking Paracetamol 500 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from fever since last week with a cough and cold. Cough is now becoming manageable but fever is not still subsided. This type of clinical features may result from Enteric fever, RTI (res...  Read Full »

How can I prevent getting infected with the new Coronavirus?

Query: Hi, I am an educator who will be returning to work for in person classes. We have been quarantined since three months, not willing to risk it so going back is scary for us. My question is: what sort of routine would be best when getting home from being exposed to 500+ to protect my family? I have h...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Answer: Thanks for your query. Do not worry, try following the suggestions written below - 1. At office- Wear masks (N95 /3 PLY) at all times Wash hands with soap and water every 1-2 hours Sanitise (70%Isopropyl alcohol / 90% ethyl alcohol containing sanitiser) every seat, table, chair, phone, lap...  Read Full »

I am asthmatic and hypertensive. What precaution should I take to prevent COVID-19 infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I am asthmatic and using Foracort 400 mg inhaler twice a day. I am hypertensive and using Telma AM for the same. I used to be obese, but now I reduced 10 kg in the past 10 months. One of my office staff was tested COVID positive six days back. As of now, I do not...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and can understand your concern regarding boosting your immunity for good health. Being asthmatic does not make you prone to COVID infection but you should take utmost precautions and avoid unnecessary outing. From your description, it is v...  Read Full »