Covid-19

I have deviated nasal septum. Is it risk for me to take nasal Coronavirus test?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had three nose and septum surgeries and my septum is deviated. My workplace wants me to do the nasal Coronavirus test as I recently came back from overseas. I am already on day 10 of Quarantine but they want to do the test. Is there any risk for me to do this test considering ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I see that you are concerned about previous surgeries. Nasopharyngeal swab for Coronavirus is a very simple test just like how you use your ear buds. So nèed not worry, it can be done even if you have deviated septum. At this pandemic season, it is recommended b...  Read Full »

Can we plan for a baby during this ongoing COVID-19 pandemic?

Query: We are couple married recently. We want to plan a baby. However, due to ongoing covid-19 pandemic, can we plan it now? Is it safe?  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Dear, good afternoon. Coronavirus dont have any known impact on people planning pregnancy. however infertility treatment can be deferred. for your family, I would advice that corona may continue for few more months as claimed by many studies, so u may have difficulty in visiting hospital for rout...  Read Full »

My fiance is COVID positive. Am I at risk of contracting it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question. On Tuesday I went to go get tested with my fiance for COVID because we thought his dad may have had it since at his job there were so many infected. We showed no symptoms but to be safe we went. After then I have not seen him just in case. Today I got my results and...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are worried about COVID infection. You need to understand that if COVID test result shows positive, then it is sure that the person has the infection, but if the result shows negative that does not prove that the person does not have the infection. The ...  Read Full »

Can COVID-19 worsen asthma?

Query: Hello doctor, I have asthma since my childhood, since last 20 days my asthma is not in control. Is that related to COVID? And I do not have any other symptoms.   Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your statement you have been suffering from childhood asthma and for the last 20 days your asthma is totally uncontrolled. Your present medication is Formost 200 respicaps which is a combination of long acting bronchodilator as Formeterol with corticosteroi...  Read Full »

Why am I recovering very slowly from COVID-19?

Query: Mild asthma, cough since 2 weeks, and covid-19 patient. I am currently taking Benzo 200mg, famotidine 20mg, and albuterol as needed.   Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: hello thanx for the query. I can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from cough which is dry in nature and Covid-19.ur past history of having mild asthma and anxiety. ur treatment depends on severity. if albuterol is not able to ur cough then u can corticosteroid ...  Read Full »

I am having sweet taste after recovering from COVID-19. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I was COVID 19 Positive on 25th April 2020 while on 11th May 2020 my repeated test of COVID19 was negative. After that I feel all the time sweetness taste in my mouth upon that I myself went for blood sugar random and hbA1C, today on 15th May 2020 I received the results of my blood s...  Read Full »

Dr. Vitrag Shah

Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a great news that you recovered and doing well after COVID-19 infection. Considering the current medical reports, your HbA1c is suggestive that you are in pre-diabetic stage. And your fasting sugar is absolutely normal. You do not need to start any medicine for di...  Read Full »

How to prevent blood clot formation post COVID-19 recovery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been self-isolating for three weeks due to Coronavirus symptoms and spent two nights in the hospital where I was given oxygen and a chest x-ray showed typical COVID-19 changes. I was discharged a week ago and told some COVID-19 patients have been coming back with DVT and or PE....  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly answer the following questions to guide you further. Do you have any risk factors for thrombosis like family history, smoking history, prolonged bedridden, or excess weight? Does your doctor recommend to take heparin? Have you confirmed your COVID-19 by RT PC...  Read Full »

What can cause shivering during the day and weight loss?

Query: I have fever very high which was not going I have taken overdose of tynel, advil. Now the fever is gone after taking medication. But now I feel shivering and having a feel like I am having fever but after I check there is no fever .my body weight is going down and I feel shiverings a lot during day ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nancy Wespetal

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Sir, I am a family doctor from Icliniq and will try to answer your questions. It seems to me that you have two. The first concerns your use of Tylenol and Advil. You may not have meant to say overdose. If however, you have taken more than 800 mg of Ibuprofen or 1000 mg of Tylenol, those are ...  Read Full »

Are my chest congestion and mild chest pain from the past four days due to COVID-19?

Query: My symptoms are that for the past 4 day so or so I have had some congestion in my chest that comes and goes... a few times (a total of about 3 hours in 4 days) very mild chest pain. So I have been staying in bed and on Tamiflu for a few days and 2500 MG of Amoxicillin since yesterday with mild impr...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi. Welcome to icliniq. I am Dr Anshul Varshney for your help. What we know about corona with current available experience is that it has presentation in most cases with Dry cough and Fever which may later turn into breathlessness. Fever has to be there in COVID. Since you have had no fever , cou...  Read Full »

I am at risk of COVID-19 due to overweight with high BP. What precautions should I follow?

Query: Hi doctor, My question is about COVID-19. I am very worried about this virus. I am 29 years old and my job is essential so I am still out in the field. I am overweight and take medications for high blood pressure including Lisinopril and Metoprolol. Everything I read said this puts me at way more o...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Certain important points that can be put to good use by you: 1. Wear a surgical mask or an N95 mask (it is a little suffocating) when you go out to work. 2. Make sure to not touch any part of your face, ears, or head after touching any object outside your house. If yo...  Read Full »