Q. Why am I not able to recover after taking the second COVID-19 shot?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 28, 2022 and last reviewed on: Nov 08, 2022

I got the second COVID vaccine four days back and I am still very sick.

The doctor had said that I may develop cold-like symptoms for one to two days but my condition is getting worse each day.

I am having severe body ache, fatigue, consistent low energy, shortness of breath, frequent headache.

I am also unable to sleep properly.

I am taking the tablet Lamictal 100 mg and the capsule Vyvanse 30 mg.

I only had a sore arm for a few days when I had taken the first shot.

I got myself checked for COVID-19 and the results were negative both times.

#

Thank you for your query and I understand your concern.

It is not always necessary that symptoms last only for one to two days. Sometimes they may last for long, such as a week so for the treatment medications are required.

Another reason for your symptoms can be the medicines you are using. Sometimes dosage of these medications needs to be changed, specifically the capsule Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate, Microcrystalline cellulose, Croscarmellose sodium, and Magnesium stearate).

For body aches and other symptoms I would suggest you take the following medications for three days:

1. The tablet Paracetamol 500 mg twice a day after meals.
  2. The tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once a day before breakfast.

Can you please tell me for how long you are using the capsule Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate, Microcrystalline cellulose, Croscarmellose sodium, and Magnesium stearate)?

Did the doctor change your dose recently?

Also, tell me the name of the vaccine you have taken.

|