Cranberry Juice

What can be done for recurrent bladder infection?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 86 years old. She is in relatively good health but is prone to a bladder infection. She does not feel pain when infected, so it gets bad before weakness and other symptoms tip us off. She just got out of the hospital with the latest bout. I am thinking that we could take ...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Females are more prone to urinary tract infection due to the proximity of the anal orifice to the urethral orifice. However, post-menopause, this increases due to increased cornification of the vulva, which allows more easier access for the pathogen to form colonies. Adde...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest ayurvedic treatment for frequent urination.

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 20 years old. She does not feel bladder emptying and she was diagnosed to have a weak bladder. She has frequent urination problem and undergoing allopathy treatment for the past one year. Still, there is no significant improvement. Is there any treatment for frequent urina...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The weakness of the bladder has already been diagnosed. This weakness is due to the weakening of urinary bladder muscles. As a result, the bladder is unable to control the urge of voiding whenever it is full. The most effective thing in weak bladder is to do exercises,...  Read Full »

I have been on my period for 15 days and when I pee it stings. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been on my period for 15 days so far, and I just noticed today when I pee it stings first and then goes away. I am a virgin. I also missed my period for a month or two before this occurred due to stress with classes.  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to get stressed. You might be having urinary tract infection, which is very common in girls. You take care of your hygiene, especially during periods and frequent change sanitary towels and wash the area with plain water as many times as possible. Se...  Read Full »

What are the complications associated with panurethral stricture?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I had a BMG urethroplasty a week ago. Currently urinating with catheter due to pan-anterior urethral stricture. Are there any complications and risks associated with it?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I welcome you and want to assure you need not worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

I feel weird after smoking marijuana. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I smoked marijuana the day before yesterday night. I was all right in the morning. When I went to college, I felt strange to my hands (especially left hand) and both the legs. But, in the noon it disappeared. When I smoked in the noon, that strange feeling came back to me again. From that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have mentioned here are the short term side effects of marijuana. Short term memory problems, fear, panic, hallucinations, anxiety, strange behavior, increased heart rate and many other psychological symptoms are all symptoms of having marijuana. If yo...  Read Full »

Should I take Amikacin injections for my UTI?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 36 year old female. I am currently breast feeding. I am suffering from severe UTI since 20 days. My gynecologist suggested Ceftum, Citralka, and Urispas for three days. After taking the course I was fine for two days. But, after two days, the UTI symptoms came back, but not as se...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are suffering from a urinary tract infection with E.coli. Nitrofurantoin is the correct medicine, as per your urine culture report. As the infection is severe, your symptoms...  Read Full »

Why am I not benefited with antibiotics for cough and stomach pain?

Query: Hi doctorI have been sick on and off for two months. I have had a cough, stuffed nose, body aches, fever and burning when I urinate. I also have had a sharp pain in the stomach and headache. I have taken antibiotics, but they did nothing to me. I am a 45 year old male.  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Dhamankar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and symptoms. I feel you need to get evaluated for infectious as well as autoimmune disorders. As per chronicity of the symptoms cough of more than three weeks and stomach ache with burning micturition fits more for infectious disease. As yo...  Read Full »

According to the report, is it necessary for my wife to take supplements?

Query: Hi doctor,Kindly see the laboratory reports of my wife. She is pregnant. Her age is 30 years. Our doctor has given certain medicines of vitamins, iron, etc.  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My hearty congratulations for becoming a father. The reports of your wife are all in their normal limits (attachment removed to protect patient identity) except for the iron studies, which is usually low in the pregnant women. I suggest your wife Iron tablets daily from ...  Read Full »

I have been getting recurrent UTI. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a female of 23 years old. I have been getting recurrent UTIs for the past two years. My urine culture at first showed bacteria, but now they are not showing that I have an infection. I also used to be pain-free for one to two days after starting antibiotics. But, during the last thre...  Read Full »

Dr. Sushma Shah

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are a known case of recurrent urinary tract infection. Both the partners have to take treatment. My advice is to drink plenty of liquids and eat citrus fruits like lemon, orange, musambi, kiwi, gooseberry, etc. Avoid spicy, fried and junk food. Take light blend di...  Read Full »