Q. Why does it sting when I pee on my period?

Dr. Nadia Khan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hema
Published on May 21, 2019

I have been on my period for 15 days so far, and I just noticed today when I pee it stings first and then goes away. I am a virgin. I also missed my period for a month or two before this occurred due to stress with classes.

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

There is nothing to get stressed. You might be having urinary tract infection, which is very common in girls. You take care of your hygiene, especially during periods and frequent change sanitary towels and wash the area with plain water as many times as possible. Secondly, increase the intake of water and also take cranberry juice three to four times a day. It will help relieve the pain. If this pain does not get relied on by these measures, then you might need antibiotics to cure the infection. But, hopefully, these simple measures would work out for you.

Hope it has helped you.

Why is there an unusual sense of something inside my urethra while urinating?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old male. I have problems in my private parts. Sometimes, I sense slight numbness, slight pain in testis with coldness. But all this sensation does not last long. There is mild fever with tiredness and fatigue. Sometimes, I sense something inside my urethra while urinati...  Read Full >>

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, the treatment is apt according to the drug sensitivity report. The drug would have already started showing its effect by now that is within 48 hours after initiation if you have started. Kindly continue the medication. Drink lots and lots of water and liquids...  Read Full

Antibiotics for urinary tract infection treatment

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from urinary tract infection. I get these once in every couple of years. I need to get an antibiotic to get rid of it. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Raman Tanwar
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recurrent urinary tract infections are common in post and perimenopausal women. You need to get a urine culture and routine investigation, so that culture guided antibiotics can be given. In these cases plenty of fluids and urine alkalizer syrups are also very helpful...  Read Full

Top skin of penis is not retracting and gets swollen with white discharge. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, The top skin of my penis is not coming back while masturbation or sex. It is not fully closed from the top but still, it is painful to push it back. If I try it forcefully then after some hours, it gets swollen from the top and some white hard substance comes from inside.  Read Full >>

Dr. Parth Singh
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The white hard substance is actually the cause of the problem. It is called smegma and is formed of dead cells, bacteria and secretions. It collects under the foreskin if you do not keep good genital hygiene. You should daily retract your foreskin and wash it thoroughly...  Read Full