Crown-rump Length

How to calculate the gestational age accurately?

Query: Hi doctor, My CRL is 5.18 cm. How old is my baby now? How can I get my gestational age accurately?  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The CRL of 5.18 cm corresponds to 11 to 12 weeks of gestation. A difference of two to three days is possible depending on the position of the baby and the measurement of the caliper placement. Ideally, we recommend a first scan to know the exact dating and to calculate ...  Read Full »

My cousin's hCG levels have doubled after IUI. Is a viable pregnancy likely?

Query: Hello doctor,My cousin had her last period on the 10th of last month and got IUI done on the 26th. Her hCG levels increased (doubled) in the blood test. Now, at six weeks, she got an ultrasound scan and there is no heartbeat till now. Is it too late? What are the chances of the pregnancy to be via...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Six weeks can be a little too early a time to diagnose pregnancy by a scan. If the heartbeat is not detected, it is advised to repeat the scan after 10 days to confirm the pregnancy. This is because, at times, there could be a possibility of delayed conception. The o...  Read Full »