Ct Abdomen

Is it necessary to take CT abdomen after SPECT scan?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had a SPECT scan to evaluate a possible CSF leak. The scan was done with a dye injected into the spine. My brain was scanned and also the abdomen. The scan did not pick-up any abnormalities and a leak was not seen. I was informed today that I may need to have a CT scan of...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Shoyab

Interventional Radiologist, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I cannot but appreciate what you call your "curiosity". I would rather call it your awareness and consciousness. One should indeed think twice before going through a radiation exposure for a second time. If I say in one word, the CT scan your doctor has recommended i...  Read Full »

Does my ultrasound scan project anything serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I have uploaded my ultrasound scan report. Could you please check the scan and tell is there any dangerous situation? Any surgery needed? Suggest me what I have to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). A cavernoma mean abnormal collection of blood vessels. Because of the presence of cavernoma, blood is not flowing properly in the lung and hence due to that improper blood flow, back pressure is i...  Read Full »

Can a CT scan miss appendicitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I was in an emergency last night because of 48 hours of pain that moved to my right lower abdomen. Also, I am not eating, and I have severe diarrhea if I do. They said my white blood cells were a bit elevated. The CT scan without contrast did not show an inflamed appendix. Now it is the...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.CT scan could not miss a case of appendicitis unless the medical personnel who viewed the CT scan were not qualified enough for correct interpretation of the scan.However, the other causes of right lower abdomen pain may be any one of the following. It could be due to irrit...  Read Full »

I would like to know the meaning of some results I have attached. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know the meaning of some results I have attached. Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I viewed your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I can say as follows 1. Your body max index is 39, and it indicates your obesity. 2. Abdominal CT findings are fatty liver, and mild enlarge prostate. Fatty liver means that the liver is o...  Read Full »

I am having burning sensation in groin and waist after surgery for spine TB. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 38 years old, male. I had two surgeries at the back (thoracic and lumbar) because of spine TB 13 years ago. Now I am having burning sensation in my groin area and on my waist, mostly right side. This used to come and go for the last few months. Last year I had similar sensation for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. MRI lumbar spine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Observations: There is mild straightening of the lumbar vertebrae and might suggest lumbar muscle spasm. There are small osteophytes in L2 vertebra posteriorly and L3 vertebra anteriorly. Vertebral bod...  Read Full »

Please interpret CT abdomen and pelvis taken for pain in lower back.

Query: Hello doctor, There is a gross dilatation of pelvicalyceal system of right kidney with abrupt narrowing at the pelvi-ureteric junction and ballooning of pelvis. There is thinning of renal parenchyma, the lower segmental branch is seen crossing the PUJ at inferior aspect. Upper polar aberrant renal ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is narrowing of kidney's outflow tract and urine is getting accumulated in kidney which is damaging and hampering its function (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Only treatment is surgical correction or stent can be placed into narrowed portion i...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for urethral cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 66 years now, had gone through a urethral stricture surgery 8 years ago. The treatment was done for his chronic problem of passing urine. Treatment by the doctor that time ended up in adopting an alternate route for passing urine, which is below the testicles. All was fi...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father has urethral carcinoma for which surgery is the best modality of treatment. He will need complete removal of the urethra and bladder, if necessary. It is a major surgery. If your father's health is fine, then he should be able to tolerate it. For further infor...  Read Full »

What are the causes of radiating stomach pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from sudden attack of pain in stomach for the past four years. The pain crosses backside too for a few seconds, at intervals of days, weeks or months. I have consulted many doctors, taken lots of medication, but nothing has worked. All my tests came normal. Kindl...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to my knowledge, abdomen pain that radiates to back needs to be evaluated for gall bladder as well as for problems in regard to pancreatitis. If your ultrasound scan performed previously showed the results are normal then I would suggest you get a CT scan of ...  Read Full »

Is there any serious problem in the abdominal CT scan?

Query: Hi doctor, I have queries regarding my mom's health. She is suffering from some abdominal issues. When she had a CT scan, they found an impression with the liver. I attached her report and please tell me if there is a serious issue. Yesterday she got admitted with intolerable abdominal pain. Her do...  Read Full »

Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the CT scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there are two problems. In the liver, there is hemangioma which is a benign tumor meaning it does not cause any harm. If it increases in size, then it is resected. The other problem is w...  Read Full »

My CT abdomen is suggestive of colitis. Would you explain the symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 54 year old male. My weight is 84 kg, and weight is 175 cm. I have done a CT scan before three months, and it showed mild thickening of the sigmoid colon suggestive colitis. I do not have any symptoms of colitis, diarrhea or blood in the stool. I have done stool occult blood test...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The word colitis means an inflammatory reaction in the colon, often autoimmune or infectious. Most of the patients present with the pain in abdomen, diarrhea, and vomiting. The first issue is to try to determine whether you had ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease. Mild ...  Read Full »