Q. Does my ultrasound scan project anything serious?

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 26, 2019

I have uploaded my ultrasound scan report. Could you please check the scan and tell is there any dangerous situation? Any surgery needed? Suggest me what I have to do?

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

I went through the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• A cavernoma mean abnormal collection of blood vessels. Because of the presence of cavernoma, blood is not flowing properly in the lung and hence due to that improper blood flow, back pressure is increasing and it is causing pressure on the spleen.
  • I need to know your physical problems and why you got the scan done before commenting on what to do next. So kindly let me know.

Revert back with the details to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

I have so many problems like indigestion, stomach expansion, gastric trouble and pain. Hence, I have got an ultrasound scan done.

Dr. Divakara P

#

• Your problems are not due to the findings seen in the ultrasound. You need to get certain additional tests done like liver function tests (LFT), upper gastrointestinal endoscopy and serum lipase.
  • As of cavernoma is concerned, there is nothing that needs to be done now. You need to get CT abdomen scan every six months once to know what is happening to cavernoma.
  • If it is increasing in size then intervention has to be done. By intervention I meant either surgery or a procedure called arterial embolization.

Revert back with the reports to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|