Cystocele

Can bladder prolapse surgery cause death?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stage 1 to 2 bladder prolapse. I would like to get the surgery but I am suffering from anxiety and panic attacks. I am terrified about getting the surgery. In my mind, it got fixed that if I go there I will die from that surgery. It is said that it will be done through the v...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Verma

Fetal Medicine Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and understand the concerns. Vaginal surgery for the bladder repair is safe and there are no major risks associated with it. Complications like bladder injury can occur, which is not at all life-threatening and can be surgically managed...  Read Full »

My Cystocele Repair Surgery Failed. Should I Get It Done Again?

Query: Hello¬†doctor, I am a 61 year old female and a diabetic for the last ten years. I had a cystocele repair surgery along with hysterectomy and cervix and ovaries removal five months ago. There is a slight discharge on and off. I did a urine culture now and found that there was a colony of Enterococcus...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Verma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand the concerns. Antibiotics are to be taken if there is a presence of bacteria in significant colony count. In a case of a cystocele, a repair can be done using TOT (trans-obturator tape) or TVT (tension-free vaginal tape) te...  Read Full »

Why is there a skin tag connecting via side of my vulva skin?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 22 years old and I have two children. No health issues. Around four months ago, I had sharp stabbing pains in my pelvic area, foul odor discharge, irregular bleeding, yellow or brown vaginal discharge. I am in my second year of being on the contraception implant Nexplanon. Due to m...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any other medical health issue or have been on medications? It is better to have a complete check and treatment if any health issue you have. Regarding discharge, it should be checked in the laboratory by sending a high vaginal swab to check which organism i...  Read Full »