Daydreaming

Please suggest a way to stop excessive daydreaming.

Query: Hello Doctor, I'm 20 yrs old. My problem is how to stop excessive daydreaming. I'm daydreaming a lot. It's being my addiction. I don't know it is a problem or not. But i don't remember a single day where i didn't do any daydreaming. I'm fantasizing about everything. I search for this problem on int...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello at times we use day dreaming as an escape from reality..we want to avoid pain and hardship of real world hence mind want to engage in daydreaming but is it not a solution of any problem and it itself became a problem for you I need to assist you in details. so that a diagnosis can be made me...  Read Full »

Why do I always procrastinate and daydream?

Query: Hi doctor, Basically, I am unable to do things I want. I just impulsively do things for instant gratification and have no perseverance. I have a severe chronic procrastination and maladaptive daydreaming. They are sought of related. My mind gets super stressed and while I am procrastinating the tas...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The procrastination and daydreaming is because you are preoccupied most of the time. Depression is a disabling illness and causes significant morbidity which goes unnoticed by the family most of the time. Do not feel guilty for the happenings, which is not under your cont...  Read Full »

I am not able to concentrate on my studies. Am I suffering from any mental disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old male. I am not able to concentrate on my studies regularly. After approximately 20 minutes, my mind starts random thinking. Things like what should I do today evening, what are my friends doing currently and anything baseless. I am not able to study correctly. And t...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, it is quite normal. Humans have an attention span of 45 minutes average (adults). Studying requires focused attention which cannot be consecutively 20 to 30 minutes. But you can divide your study time using study strategies as follows, 1. Commit yourself for 20...  Read Full »

An 8-year-old has nystagmus like eye movement while looking outside the car. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,My 8-year-old son has nystagmus like eye movement only when he is in the car looking out the window and as soon as he looks at me, it stops.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, this is quite a common issue most children at his age develop. The eye uses several mechanisms which help to keep it steady and focused in on a target. Such mechanisms are inoperative when the person is just looking in a particular directio...  Read Full »

How to manage fantasizing leading to poor concentration?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old, and I am kind of facing the issue of fantasy in my head and mind deconcentration. Whenever I am busy or in social gathering most of the time I am fine. But when I am alone, walking alone and traveling alone, my mind goes into the fantasy. I kind of see this thing be...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are suffering from excessive imagination or daydreaming, which is common in every individual. But some people do it more which becomes a kind of habit. Sometimes, we also use this kind of defense and imagination in order to avoid day-to-day stress. It becomes a...  Read Full »

Please help me quit maladaptive daydreaming.

Query: Hello doctor,I am going through maladaptive daydreaming. I have been dealing with this for long. I tried several ways to quit but I cannot. I do not take any medication right now. Please help me quit this.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no medication for daydreaming. Learn to occupy yourself.   Sleep well. Write down your thoughts. Note down how many episodes you have daily so you will be aware if there is a decrease in your episode. Read good books. Use your daydreaming ...  Read Full »