Deferiprone

What should I do to lower my ferritin levels?

Query: Hello doctor, My ferritin levels are very high. It is 571. I am always feeling tired. Can you prescribe some medicines?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have recently done serum ferritin and your level is 571.30ng which is very high. Your cholesterol and triglyceride levels are also high. Common causes of high ferritin levels are obesity, fatty liver, infl...  Read Full »

How to reduce my serum ferritin level?

Query: Hi doctor, My ferritin level is 1500, and I want to bring it down to 150. How much will one DFO IV session or each Exjade pill reduce the ferritin level on an average? I am a healthy individual, and I do not have HIV, HCC, or any other disease.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your serum ferritin is high, so the cause should be found out first. It can be hemochromatosis, in which excess iron is stored in the bone marrow. Deferoxamine is used for increased iron storage in thalassemia patient. For high ferritin, phlebotomy is also another mode o...  Read Full »