Q. Although urine tests are negative, why am I having pregnancy symptoms?

Hi doctor,

I am 11 days late for period. My husband had snip two years ago. I am having pregnancy symptoms although the tests are negative. What could be the problem? Thank you.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Pregnancy changes are due to the progesterone hormone produced from the remaining of the ruptured follicle, also due to the hormonal imbalance caused by the hormones.

When you do not have periods, it means you had an anovulatory period. It means no ovulation, This would also alter the normal hormonal balance and you get the pregnancy symptoms.

After the age of around 35 years, you may not have ovulation every month. This problem of anovulation can be seen earlier if you have any of the following reasons.

Weight gain, especially around your mid-segment of the body, thighs, waist and breast. Try to reduce weight by regular exercise, aerobics, yoga, swimming, etc. Follow a strict diet with low calories and no fasting. Avoid junk foods and red meat. Try to reduce 2 to 4 kg per month. Target weight should be weight (in kg) = Height (in cm) - 100.

You had any surgery or radiation treatment in the abdomen.

Another common cause could be thyroid disorder, So, have a thyroid profile and serum prolactin level early morning in the empty stomach.

You can meet a gynecologist who can give you a course of oral hormone pills to have withdrawal bleeding.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|