Q. How can I reduce weight?

Dr. Shakti Mishra

I am 35 years old and I started dieting early last year. But it seems like my weight plateaued. I have been eating a low carb diet during weekdays and on Sundays, I eat the carbs that I want to eat. I work out 3 to 4 times a week. I sometimes sleep late. I have been on this schedule for the past 10 months. So for now, I am frustrated and worried why am I not losing weight.

#

Well, eating only low carbohydrate will not help. Follow a protein-rich, low carbohydrate, a fiber-rich diet that will fulfill the purpose. Have three small meals per day with lots of water. You can cheat sometimes with healthy junks. Exercise regularly with walk in the morning, at least for 30 minutes. Have low fat or skimmed milk in the morning, with brown bread. Avoid spices. Can have vegetable soup in the evening. Chicken and vegetable salad can work. Can start pilates, which works wonder for shaping up the body. Meditation before going to bed to bring positivity in mind and calmness. Warm lemon water early in the morning is also beneficial.

Thank you for your reply. So intermittent fasting is not recommended? I actually started doing pilates twice a week early this year.

#

Fasting does not solve the purpose always. Continue with Pilates, have patience. It will show results.

Okay. Do I need to count calories? Also if I feel hungry at night. Is it okay to eat?

#

Yes, you can keep a check on the weight every two weeks. Have an apple, or a biscuit or sandwich made at home besides you at night, to grab if you feel hungry. Never skip meals, you can become weak. Loose weight in a healthy way.

|