Dengue Screening

Can I undergo a dengue test even without a fever?

Query: Hello doctor,Can I undergo a dengue test even without a fever? Been feeling sick intermittently for like three days now. I would suddenly feel sick like as if I have an illness, and I can feel it in my body. But every time I check using a thermometer, it will only show an average temp like 36-degre...  Read Full »

Dr. Vijay Kumar Kumawat

General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query carefully, and I want to suggest you that for your current symptoms dengue test is not necessary. You can undergo a dengue test if you have one of the following symptoms with fever, nausea, vomiting, rashes, aches, and pains (eye pain, typicall...  Read Full »

What causes elevated liver enzymes and low white blood cell count?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a complete blood profile done about two weeks ago, and my doctor said that my reports were normal. But, my WBC and neutrophil count were low. After doing some internet searches, I am anxious. Although the doctor said it was fine, he gave me some supplements. But lately, I have bee...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Shivraj Dhamankar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From your history, I think the reason for your low WBC is stress and raised liver enzymes is because of fatty liver, which is a benign condition. Moderately low WBC coun...  Read Full »

How to increase platelet count during dengue fever?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 8 years old. She has been suffering from fever for five days. Her fever is in the range of 99 to 102 degrees. When we visited a doctor, he asked for a blood test. The blood report shows that she is positive for dengue. The platelet count has dropped already to 52000 from 1,...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through the data you have posted. Low platelet count occurs in almost 70% of people with dengue fever. Normally, in case of disease the platelet count may go low for four to five days and then starts rising. Low platelet count (<100000) has risk of bl...  Read Full »

Throat pain while swallowing and fever

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has been having throat pain while swallowing and fever since last evening. She has been advised Clavam 625 twice for five days. Her fever has not gone below 100 and after about four hours of taking Dolo 650, it goes up to 102.5. So far, she has taken three doses of Clavam. Is...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is certainly possible to have such a fever and it is likely she has an upper respiratory tract infection. I think whatever she is receiving is fine. Antibiotics will take at least 48 hours to act and initially, the infection is viral. So, antibiotics may not...  Read Full »

My father got a fever suddenly from yesterday. Should we be worried about dengue?

Query: Hello doctor, My father had sudden fever ranging from 100 to 102.6 F yesterday, but he has no clear symptoms. As he had loose stool yesterday, he was advised Oflox O by the doctor, two tablets daily for five days. And also Dolo 650, which we started giving him yesterday. Today the fever has been ar...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your father's CBC report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As per the report, his neutrophils count is slightly high and platelet count is low. Platelet count can be decreased in malaria, dengue, blood infection, etc., like conditions,...  Read Full »

Can you go through my dengue test results and explain them to me?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a fever (100 to 103 F) from the last two days with chills and aches on the knees and hands. I went to a general physician. She prescribed me Mefkind forte and said that if the fever stays for more than a day, I should go for CBC and dengue antigen. But, I have done my CBC and den...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Parvez

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your dengue test (NS1) is positive, and the platelet count is normal. You also have mild anemia, most likely due to iron deficiency. Your fasting blood sugar is on the higher side. Please continue to drink plenty of water as it is the main treatment for dengue...  Read Full »

I have a runny stomach and black stools after the flu. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had the flu for two days. That included a fever, sore throat, and runny nose with a dry cough. The flu went away and now I just have a cough, but I have developed a rash behind my ears and a runny stomach in which my stool is black.  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like a hemorrhagic fever such as dengue in which the patient presents with a bleeding manifestation of melena (black-colored stools), bleeding gums, any hemorrhagic rashes, or hematuria, etc. Black-colored stools indicate that blood is leaking from somewhere...  Read Full »

What does fever, headache and generalized body pain indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having fever, headache and generalized body pain since yesterday. I consulted a physician. He prescribed me medicines and advised for a blood test. My blood test report is attached here for your reference. Still headache and fever is high sometimes. Kindly give your opinion.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked your blood reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity). This is a dengue season. Though the fever and headache with body ache can often and most commonly indicate a viral etiology but a decreased platelet count of 1.39 is to indicate that v...  Read Full »

I have fever, red rashes, and low platelet count. Is it dengue fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female, who weighs 24 kg and 5.3 feet tall. I have had a fever since last week. The fever was between 38 to 40o C. I also had headaches and lower back pain. Today I got tested for dengue, but that was negative. However, on my torso, neck, and face, there are these red r...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be dengue or any other viral infection. The presentation of all viral fevers is almost same. And any viral infection can cause low platelets count, and dengue is known for it. During the first 4 to 5 days of fever, dengue NS1 antigen will be positive,...  Read Full »