Q. I have a runny stomach and black stools after the flu. Why?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli
Published on Aug 31, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had the flu for two days. That included a fever, sore throat, and runny nose with a dry cough. The flu went away and now I just have a cough, but I have developed a rash behind my ears and a runny stomach in which my stool is black.

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

#

• It seems like a hemorrhagic fever such as dengue in which the patient presents with a bleeding manifestation of melena (black-colored stools), bleeding gums, any hemorrhagic rashes, or hematuria, etc.
  • Black-colored stools indicate that blood is leaking from somewhere inside.
  • These symptoms are due to thrombocytopenia as platelet count decreases.
  • Do a hemogram at the earliest as also urine routine and stool routine examination.
  • I suggest you visit the nearest GP as quickly as possible.

Feel free to follow up any time with a blood investigation.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

I am experiencing dry cough for last 2 months. I did blood test to see something wrong. Here are the results

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I am experiencing dry cough for last 2 months. I visited local doctors two weeks back and they have suggested Deriphyllin R twice a day, Azithral A once a day and Allrite once a day for 5 days. But the cough returned after the course completed. I had slight press...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for parameters out of range in the blood test.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 36 years old. In one of her routine blood tests, we found a few anomalies. The report is attached. Please let me know your thoughts on the parameters that are out of range in the report and suggest medicines.  Read Full »

What is the permanent solution for testicular pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a mild pain in the right testis since two months. The USG report showed slight thickening of the spermatic cord. Now, after 10 days of antibiotic courses referred by the physician, then the condition is better. But when I lift some weight or drive a car, then the pain starts again...  Read Full »